Natural Reclamation

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this on my afternoon walk Monday. This used to be a pedestrian walkway up to a bridge sidewalk (Kingshighway at Daggett in St. Louis). This walkway and the sidewalk were closed 40 years ago. The bridge is still in use (I don't drive over it). I find it consoling to know the plants will eventually win.

Joe

Attachments

• $bridge_walk.jpg
    $bridge_walk.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 81
Very sharp and detailed. I love this shot especially being able to see the light all the way at the end. Fantastic!

I like it. Quiet. Evocative. Kind of reminds me of the Planet of The Apes movie franchise, and the way nature reclaimed so much in those films. I like "quiet" pictures. What this one has is all this man-made stuff, being reclaimed by plant life...and at the farrrrrrrrr end is that wonderful, brilliant spot of light! I love the size of the light, and its intensity. It's just perfect, the light area!

I like it. Quiet. Evocative. Kind of reminds me of the Planet of The Apes movie franchise, and the way nature reclaimed so much in those films. I like "quiet" pictures. What this one has is all this man-made stuff, being reclaimed by plant life...and at the farrrrrrrrr end is that wonderful, brilliant spot of light! I love the size of the light, and its intensity. It's just perfect, the light area!

Haha, nice. I was thinking that and the documentary and series "Life After People".

Amazing photo.

I guess the walkway was closed because pedestrians died before they made it to the other end.

Glad you all like it. It was closed because the sidewalk it leads to became unsafe and started falling off the bridge to the railway tracks below. They've since removed the sidewalk. I took the photo through a big iron gate that was chained and padlocked shut over the entrance.

Joe

Hmmm.. It looks like they closed it, because the pedestrians walking down that pathway, crossed "to the other side". Can't have a one-way ticket without due authorization. Really like this image. Great find.

Most reactions

Back