Nature..C&C

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There is a preserve near my house and these are some pictures I took..Would love some C&C. Thank you!! All of these were shot with my iso at 500. I forgot to change it..I really need to learn to check my settings before shooting.

1) iso 500, 1/1250s, f/9
6817522497_3b29474e8d_b.jpg

2) iso500, 1/1250s, f/5.6
These birds are impossible to get close to. This is the closest I've have been able to get. I was limited on how I could take this picture and I realize there are twigs in front of it. Are they too distracting?? (fixed it)
6817522911_6e120a04c3_b.jpg

3) iso500, 1/1250s, f/22
Not sure if this one works, but I like it. I like how you can see the spines of the close cactus, but I'm not sure if all that black is too distracting.
6816977903_da936d2e90_b.jpg

Last edited:
1) Use it for illustrative purposes only. There doesn't seem to be a subject. The horizon is right smack in the middle, and there doesn't seem to be any reason for having shot it vertically. There's water and trees, and it looks like it might be a fun place to hike around.

2) Nice shot. Snowy Egret? Yeah, the sticks in front of it are a little distracting, you should keep trying and you'll eventually get the shot you want.

3) I like this one too. I think it does work. You might try saturating the color a bit of the sky in the background, not sure if that would help or not.

#1 you may try cropping it just above the tree tops. See if that helps the composition any but would be have been much better shot in landscape and without the horizone being placed in the middle of the photo.
#2 the grass coming across the front of the bird is quite distracting but is an easy fix with a cloning tool.
#3 I like it.

1) Use it for illustrative purposes only. There doesn't seem to be a subject. The horizon is right smack in the middle, and there doesn't seem to be any reason for having shot it vertically. There's water and trees, and it looks like it might be a fun place to hike around.

2) Nice shot. Snowy Egret? Yeah, the sticks in front of it are a little distracting, you should keep trying and you'll eventually get the shot you want.

3) I like this one too. I think it does work. You might try saturating the color a bit of the sky in the background, not sure if that would help or not.

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback... I made the change on the first picture. I had ROT in my mind, but obviously it didn't work. :D

#1 you may try cropping it just above the tree tops. See if that helps the composition any but would be have been much better shot in landscape and without the horizone being placed in the middle of the photo.
#2 the grass coming across the front of the bird is quite distracting but is an easy fix with a cloning tool.
#3 I like it.

Thank you for the feedback... I just had a DUH moment. I don't know why I didn't think about cloning out the grass. I also fixed the first picture.

TamiAz,

I think you could sell that last image in any Southwestern tourist store....... if you amp up the saturation a bit.

6816977903_da936d2e90_b.jpg

Also love the egret... you nailed the focus. As mentioned the twigs are a bit distracting.. but would be easy to clone out. That one over the birds head also!

They look good. One thing I may have done different is maybe drop my ISO a little? I just prefer to shoot with it as low as possible, and it looks like you have plenty of light, even for f9.

They look good. One thing I may have done different is maybe drop my ISO a little? I just prefer to shoot with it as low as possible, and it looks like you have plenty of light, even for f9.

Thank you... The 500 iso was a mistake...I forgot to check it before I started shooting, which is a bad habit. I've done this before.

I edited the cactus and the bird again..

6819801903_f8cd87224d_b.jpg

I'm thinking there may be too much yellow in this..
6818761477_b2d3828d7e_b.jpg

Thank you... The 500 iso was a mistake...I forgot to check it before I started shooting, which is a bad habit. I've done this before.

I edited the cactus and the bird again..

I'm thinking there may be too much yellow in this..

I purposely added some red to the edit I did above.. to make it look a bit sunset like! Egret does look nice! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back