Nature Close-ups

souljourney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bumped the contrast on these quite a bit (obviously) for fun.

C&C please!

pineconevivid.jpg

pine.jpg

Really like the second one, it seems like my eyes can't be destracted, I'm just pulled towards the centre with all those lines...

They're interesting. I like the contrast.

Thanks guys. Nature was always my first love I am just better at photographing people. I think it's more that I don't have the time that it takes to capture what I really would like to capture in nature. Toddlers do that to you. ;)

I think they're both interesting shots, the only thing I don't like about the first picture is the DOF. Something about the needles in the bottom being in focus, then out of focus as you move up the photo, makes my eyes wander the picture oddly. But I do really like the contrast and texture of the pinecone.

Poet: Thanks for the comments. I see what you are saying about the pine needles. I'm glad you like the pine cone, though, that's my favorite aspect of this photo.

#1 really doesn't do a whole lot to me.

But, I like the way the lines draw me to the center on #2. Wild. One thing to mention though. The center bud looks awfully white, scaley and dry. I don't mean to sound weird or perverted, but the shot has a sensuality about it and the dryness is a bit off-putting. Maybe spritz it with water to bring back the tanned/flushed colors of the bud and the essential moisture.

Thanks K. Not perverted, I see the same thing in the shot. We have had an extremely DRY fall which is why it looks so, well, dry. We are just getting a good rain today and just now really getting out fall colors. Perhaps if I have time I'll try it again after the rain!

The second one does it for me, the contrast really helped, i have tryed that same shot so many times and never got it to work. The first one needs a little more to de randomize it, but that could be just because the second one has so much direction.

tim

Nice Shots! I like the shallow DOF in the first one.

Thanks everyone.;) I think, as someone else pointed out, #1 would be nicer if the needles in the bottom left corner were out of focus. I wanted to focus on the pinecone but keep the needles in the shot for the color contrast.

Most reactions

Back