Nature for CC

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few shots from a couple of weeks ago, at a nature center near my home. It's one of my favorite places. :)

I like these we have land I walk myself and a trail from which I do alot of pics I love it and enjoyed youre pics

Thanks jackie, though comments and critique will help me more than compliments. Punctuation would also help me understand you. No offense. ;)

We also have land, but it's the land of poison ivy and anyway in order to have trails we'd have to take a chainsaw and a brush hog out there... not worth it. :D It's good for woodsy macros and hunting, though. But I go here when I want a trail or an "open" area of woods.

I really like number one. The sense of space with a smallish person in it really creates that alone feeling.

Number 4 is visually interesting in the log leads you into the picture or out of the picture depending on how you look at it. It might have been neat to take the shot from the opposite end of the tree which then definitely is leading you into the frame.

Numbers 2 and 3 are pretty but really busy for me in color, its making my eyes wander everywhere. Doesn't seem to have a set point of focus.

1. I would personally move the person closer to the camera. But it looks cool like that as well because it looks like the person is so tiny. But the image doesn't grab my attention enough. Kind of boring.

2. Really close I feel. The branches in the foreground kind of ruin it for me and the angle takes so much away from the trees.

3. It almost looks like a painting. The colors are fantastic. The leaves in the water and the reflection of the trees and leaves make for a fantastic affect. By far my favorite shot of the set. My eyes are drawn right through the water to the opposite bare bank. You could even crop out about 1/4 of the bottom and that will grab the attentioon even more. Less water, more tree affect.

I just showed another friend who just started out with photography and said it wasn't real. He Also said that it looks like a painting. While another artistic friend also said it looks like a painting.

4. Looks like a simple point and shoot to me. I understand what you were going for, but perhaps a different angle would really catch the eye. Just when you think you have a great shot, there is always another way to make it that much better.

Thank you both.

Alone is definitely what I was going for in #1; glad that other people can see it.

I think that when I was taking #4 I might have been distracted by all the pretty colors and didn't pay as much attention to composition as I should have... :)

cdino said:

They are (all of them) HDRs, so thats probably where you're getting the painting vibe from. I didnt want to mention it because people here tend to have such extreme reactions to it. :lol: They are only three exposures each, however, and I tried to keep it subtle. So, perhaps they aren't technically very good HDRs, because they could have a lot more dynamic range. But again, I like the subtle look and I dont think I could pull it off had I used more exposures, yet.

Last edited:
Thank you both.

Alone is definitely what I was going for in #1; glad that other people can see it.

I think that when I was taking #4 I might have been distracted by all the pretty colors and didn't pay as much attention to composition as I should have... :)

cdino said:

They are (all of them) HDRs, so thats probably where you're getting the painting vibe from. I didnt want to mention it because people here tend to have such extreme reactions to it. :lol: They are only three exposures each, however, and I tried to keep it subtle. So, perhaps they aren't technically very good HDRs, because they could have a lot more dynamic range. But again, I like the subtle look and I dont think I could pull it off had I used more more exposures, yet.

Looking at 3 now, it definitely looks like HDR. Very nice one at that.

Thanks jackie, though comments and critique will help me more than compliments. Punctuation would also help me understand you. No offense. ;-)

Im really sick of peaple with there self higher than thou attitude and I dont nor do I have to put up with it I have stayed with this forum hopeing to make some freinds who have the same interest but I really dont think thats gonna happen.I didnt deserve that I have done nothing to you and if you couldnt understand me then thats youre problem.Sorry for being nice I guess this isnt the sight to be that as Ive noticed how others have been treated no proble I wont comment nor bother you any further.:(

Jackiejay, I really didnt mean to be offensive in my previous post, nor do I think myself any better than you. I dont even know you, save a few sentences on an internet forum... I could easily insert a nasty comment here about how those sentences were pretty difficult to decipher. However, thats really not my point and I do apologize for offending you. I am slightly offended that you chose to take out your frustrations with the forum on my thread simply because I chose to point out a few things that I'm sure I'm not the only one annoyed by.

This forum isn't made up of warm fuzzy people who are looking for a pat on the back. Speaking for myself, I joined so that I could start to learn a little more about photography, and I expect that there are a lot of others here like me. If you want friends, internet forums aren't exactly the place to look... maybe take a photography class in your area or something and actually meet people.

Last edited:
Okay thanks for the tips I guess I wont be makeing any freinds here sorry all my post bothered you and others on here so much no worries wont be no of a bother Ill go somewhere else I didnt realize I got on youre nerves so much my frustration came from youre rudeness,.I wont be posting any further .

I like these... but I want to suggest a different perspective for #1.

I re-cropped it using a 2:3 aspect ratio, converted to sepia, and adjusted the levels a bit... Just a thought.

sepia.jpg

I really like them all, it looks so real and up close.

The only notable thing that does not seem to be addressed yet is your horizon. It may add some spice if you considered positioning your horizon in an alternate place. It is pretty well centered in most of your photos, perhaps try using the rule of thirds and place it higher or lower in the pic. Not that it was very bothersome to me, it is just an idea...

Thanks you guys. All good points to consider.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back