Nature Wonderful: My Best Sunset Shots(5 pics)

Hey Raj,

For number 1, I hope it's okay, but I took the liberty of doing a quick and dirty edit. I removed the elbow growing out of his back, and just clipped the leaves above his head.
Let me know what you think.

In number 4, I don't think it would have helped, I think it's too busy. If the front had a more recognizable image or 2, I think it would have been better. Don't get me wrong, I like the image, but there is just something that doesn't sit well with me.

Number 5 was very well done for a quicky.

Yes, off course it's okay! And it looks so much better. I think separating the leaves really changed the pic a lot, the eyes go straight to the violinist which was missing earlier. Thanks a lot, I'll try another edit on the RAW. Thanks for the feedback on the others too :)

Not sure if I have this correct, please correct me if I'm wrong - तुम बहुत स्वागत

lol.. That's hindi, and you missed the mark, barely! But I'm impressed that you even know of that. "स्वागत" means welcome, but it's not "you're welcome", but more like "welcome to the forum/country" sense.
We have so many languages, that we ourselves get confused. There are over 350 major regional languages, and I speak only 4 of them :lol:

lol.. That's hindi, and you missed the mark, barely! But I'm impressed that you even know of that. "स्वागत" means welcome, but it's not "you're welcome", but more like "welcome to the forum/country" sense.
We have so many languages, that we ourselves get confused. There are over 350 major regional languages, and I speak only 4 of them :lol:

I have to admit, I only "google-translate" knew it.

Sorry Raj, just catching up, been in other areas of the forum and sometimes I wonder why !! ;)

I know what I like even though I can't take these types of shots if I tried, #1, its a beauty of a shot Raj, as is. Love the balance and silhouettes. FANTASTIC IMO, very interesting to see. Next would be #3, love seeing the combination of the modern ship and the old, that really appeals. The colours are all nice and great sunsets in my book.

All the best Raj, print these out large, well worth it ............. and that mountain one you have as well ;)

Danny.

Thank you so much Danny :) It's a great observation with #3, I didn't think of it that way. It's always nice to see new perspective of the same thing. I've actually been offered a print of the Kanchenjunga (mountain) shot from the exhibition it was displayed in, it'll arrive soon hopefully :D

Thank you so much Danny :) It's a great observation with #3, I didn't think of it that way. It's always nice to see new perspective of the same thing. I've actually been offered a print of the Kanchenjunga (mountain) shot from the exhibition it was displayed in, it'll arrive soon hopefully :D

Great news and that shot is really up there with the best Raj. Really special lighting on the mountains that makes that shot ....... dance ;) Yeah we all see differently Raj and I like to see old with the new, buildings, boats, etc, that appeals, but that first shot there with the violinist, I wouldn't dream of altering that one, its pure magic IMO.

All the best Raj and and be nice when you get that print. Good on you.

Danny.

Great news and that shot is really up there with the best Raj. Really special lighting on the mountains that makes that shot ....... dance ;) Yeah we all see differently Raj and I like to see old with the new, buildings, boats, etc, that appeals, but that first shot there with the violinist, I wouldn't dream of altering that one, its pure magic IMO.

All the best Raj and and be nice when you get that print. Good on you.

Danny.

Thank you so much Danny, there's actually a great story there which I didn't share. That violinist goes there very often in the evening with a guitar and a violin, he plays the guitar and sings a few songs. Then he brings out his lunch box to have a little something before bringing out his violin, which really is pure magic. He then plays his heart out for the next half an hour or so before finally retiring. The best part is he's not really looking for money or attention, although he's surrounded by people by the time he's finished. He just gets up, packs up and leaves.

#1 and #3 are far and away my favorites. I agree that #1 looks much better without the other people in it, and I think TightKnot's edit really enhanced the image.

#3--well, there's just not really ANYthing I don't love about #3.

#1 and #3 are far and away my favorites. I agree that #1 looks much better without the other people in it, and I think TightKnot's edit really enhanced the image.

#3--well, there's just not really ANYthing I don't love about #3.

Thanks Sharon, I love #3 too :)

As was I :), those dancing lessons look fantastic. Thanks for the compliments Matt.

Most reactions

Back