Neat find

Leo4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A OM-2n with Zuiko 50mm 1.4 all in original wrapping and boxes walked through the door tonight and I couldnt past it up. So heres my new toy with lens all wrapped up ready to go. I plan on shooting it up tomorrow. I got several other things with it but these were my personal keepers.

IMG_0001.jpg

Strang thing is I value the boxes more than the camera itself.

I have a long family history of men who designed and sold packaging. If I had to bet my grandfather probbly sold that packaging to Olympus.

And I do plan to post a few picture after I get the first roll of film developed. Heres what I now have on my desk at work and then my camera. Every bit of that is OM stuff.
_PPP0001.jpg

_PPP0016.jpg

The boxes are rarer than the cameras or lenses...

The OM-1 and OM-2 were great,small,compact camera designs, far ahead of their time.

I arranged a vintage Olympus case wth a couple antiques (including a Pen) and my best OM stuff. Including the finest lens they made, 100mm f/2 OM mount.

Heres a couple pics
_PPP0021.jpg

_PPP0026.jpg

_PPP0027.jpg

I arranged a vintage Olympus case wth a couple antiques (including a Pen) and my best OM stuff. Including the finest lens they made, 100mm f/2 OM mount.

Heres a couple pics
_PPP0021.jpg

_PPP0026.jpg

_PPP0027.jpg

I have an OM-1 and love it. Do you know what is different about the OM1 and the OM-2? Also, is that a Minolta Himatic on the bottom shelf?

Don't mean to derail your thread here but when I saw Neat Find under the active topics section I thought it'd be blurry cat II :lmao:
But ah, you only have 46 posts, so you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Most reactions

Back