squee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
abbeynugentphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm freaking out.
I got Neat Image. Great. I loved what it was doing and everything seemed fine.
Then I looked at the pictures outside of the program.

IMG_0783.jpg

P6240037.jpg

WTF??!!! :confused::playball::gun::greendev::puke::irked:

Not enough info.

1. What'd you take them with?
2. RAW or JPEG or TIFF?
3. What program (Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, Canon/Nikon software, etc).

The first was originally a RAW from my Rebel XS. PP in Lightroom 3 and converted into a high res JPG.

The second was a point and shoot Olympus Stylus 1010 and JPG. It was transferred from my last laptop that crashed last week by my techie, though. PP in Photoshop CS2.

Looks to me like they're they're only being save as 256 colour images for some reason....

Looks to me like they're they're only being save as 8 bit images for some reason....

I told it to do 48 :confused:
And that's the highest it would let me for the cup one.

I'm not terribly pissed about the cup shots that it screwed up cuz I still have them backed up in Lightroom. But the portrait was from a year or so ago and I no longer have the original file so it's just gone now.... it was no good anyway cuz her toe was chopped off. Lol

Oh, I figured it out. I was lowering the compression to Level 5 thinking that it would compress it less. God that's confusing......

Sorry folks! You may now return to your regularly scheduled programing. ;)

don't want to sound mean spirited, but why would you work on any file, orginal or your only copy?

One would hope it is one of the first learing points with digital photography. NEVER NEVER work on an orginal file *insert only file i have* and the other, also back up your work *at least on two separate drives.*

sorry this happened to you, and we have all made mistakes , hopefully this won't occur again.

He lost the original due to a laptop crash I believe.

It was transferred from my last laptop that crashed last week by my techie, though. PP in Photoshop CS2.

just make a copy of the file and work on the copy. one can make hundreds of copies

or do you mean, he had already made these changes and then had the computer crash? which brings me back to backing up.

it is painful when these things happen, so why not avoid the pain

just make a copy of the file and work on the copy. one can make hundreds of copies

or do you mean, he had already made these changes and then had the computer crash? which brings me back to backing up.

it is painful when these things happen, so why not avoid the pain

Well the cups were an experiment, so I didn't really care about the original files. I was just experimenting with Neat Image.

And the girl was a free photoshoot from about a year ago. I delete all original files after three months to save space because that's also when I take client's galleries down from purchasing prints. I was really just PPing again for my own fun because when I got my new computer I realized my old monitor was cr@p and noticed all the noise.

In the end, all the photos were still on SmuMug so I just downloaded them off of there. So I unintentionally backed up. :)

And BTW I'm a girl. :lol:

Most reactions

Back