"Neat" Photos

Well... I had responded to this post but now it's gone. ???

*Oh never mind I see now. ha!

Simply put, yes, a border/frame adds to the professionalism and gives it that finished appeal.

IMO, the purpose of a digital frame is to enhance or augment the appearance of an already great photo. But you can tell if a photo is a great photo just by looking at it, with or without a border/frame...

NJ

I look at my snaps and it seems the edge of the sensor/film frame limits my creative act too ... so what's the dif?

Painting is additive - you can always add more. You can keep painting until you fill all of the available work space which can be as big as you like.
Photography works in the opposite way. You are limited by frame/sensor size to begin with.
In film photography you can only ever crop.
Digital allows you to stitch images together but the product is a composite.

It comes from a misunderstanding. A critic overheard me greeting a photographer friend called Arthur and the expression was born.

I like the old distinctions in the Arts.
Commercial Art that was done for money.
High Art that was above such base concerns.
Now, everything is called 'Art' which is another way of saying nothing is.

You covered it. If a wino pukes on the street and someone takes a picture of it... that's art. If you sell it as some trendy capture of reality, that's commercial. :lol:

I know Matt and Art, they are a couple of nice guys. Then Matt framed Art and that wrapped the whole thing up. Matt headed for the border, Art's spending his time in the cell, and that's where they are now.

What was the question? ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back