Nebraska Prairie

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few shots from when I was back in Nebraska two weeks ago. Kodachome 64 shot with a Pentax K1000. I was captivated by this fence line and this abandoned farmstead for some reason. :)

C & C welcome.

img025.jpg

img028.jpg

img029.jpg

Is that film renowned for its magenta cast? Or was it no longer new?
I find that cast quite prominent. I am not sure the colour of the grass and of the wood is represented in the way it was. But that may also be the charme this film has for you? I don't know...

Flat countryside and fences - looks like home :D.

These don't really scream Kodachrome to me, I'd normally expect rather more saturated colours - if you'd have said Ektachrome, I wouldn't have argued.

Yeah...I'm with everyone else. I like the photos, but something seems to be lacking in the color category. Perhaps black & white would be a better choice??

I like the composition though...I shot something very similar in Italy:

695630121_b37ac55664.jpg

I sent a roll of Ektachrome off to be processed last weekend that I think has a few similar shots. I'll post those once I get it back.

The colors are a bit muted; however Nebraska in the fall isn't really known for bright colors. To answer your question, Corinna, the colors are fairly well represented as I recall from the day. But I'll compare to the Ektachrome and see.

Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

Back