need a 62mm cicular polarizer...confused...

nymtber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, i just got a Tamron 75-300 f4-5.6 lens, and now i need a circular polarizer, in 62mm. I know there are a zillion different makes, but i need something inexpensive, but something thats going to work. I already have a tiffen UV filter on it (gotta protect it) I shoot 35mm if that makes a difference? i want to keep price as LOW as possible..

Also: need a good intro to photography book or even a little more advanced book to help me out. i used to see them everywhere, but it seems its all digital now :( untill digital sensors are same size as a 35mm frame, im not going to bother (shouldnt be too much longer) again, no 50 dollar books here, want to stay 20 or under if possible...

I have a canon eos A2 on the way to replace my rebel G, i like some of the features on the A2 much better than my rebel, as well as having a little more camera to hold onto.

well thanks everyone for help, Im waiting (patiently...) for spring to REALLY get here so i can go take pictures!!!

I have used one like this before with decent results. I don't know how it compares to a higher end brand but I got the desired results.

For a book take a look at this thread and see what other users have recommended. One of my favorites is "Understanding Exposure."

that is a great deal elisantics. I need a polarizer for my new camera but did not think about ebay.

Also: need a good intro to photography book or even a little more advanced book to help me out. i used to see them everywhere, but it seems its all digital now untill digital sensors are same size as a 35mm frame, im not going to bother (shouldnt be too much longer) again, no 50 dollar books here, want to stay 20 or under if possible...

What about your local library? The basics of photography have not changed much for 100 years...so a good book 30 years ago...is still a good book today. This goes for digital shooters as well...the basics are still the same, irregardless of the capture medium.

i know all about e-bay deals, my dad just got a box of filters JUST to get a uv and circular polarizer; cost: 20 bucks for 10 or so filters, most were vivitar i think? older anyways, none would fit my camera, but there was a set of close-up filters i might get from him and get an adapter ring, just to play with :)

ill look at the local library, maybe ill find a good book i could later on buy. How do tiffen filters compare? 60 bucks for a hoya seems a bit too much to spend on a filter :(

besides, I need another pair of clipless pedals so both of my bikes have them, and both pairs of shoes can be used on either bike ;)

ive got too many hobbies :(

Most reactions

Back