Need a D-SLR

AarOnX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My DC, Sony Cybershot P10 just can't take action pictures and it's slow. :S

I decided to try a D-SLR but i don't which one is good. Hm.. I want something that is all-rounded. I was looking at D70. What do you guys think about it ? Some people advice me to wait for better D-SLR to be released. =/

There are quite a few happy D70 owners wandering around the forum (myself being one). There really isn't anything bad I can say about the camera, I am extremely happy with it. Its easy to forget your actually using a digital camera...no shutter lag, good consecutive photos speed, easy to jump in and start using, no delay when you power on the camera...etc, etc.

As far as waiting to buy one until the next big thing comes out, that's a tough one. It is sort of like waiting to buy a computer until the next fastest processor is released. There is always going to be something better on the horizon, but there comes a point where the one that is available will do everything you need and you just jump in and buy it. There will always be a newer, more advanced model around the corner. :? :lol:

If you have any specific questions about the camera, ask away and we'll be happy to try to help. :)

AarOnX said:
Some people advice me to wait for better D-SLR to be released. =/

Waiting for the latest in greatest does two things, makes you wait and you spend too much money. If you want to wait then wait for the new latest and greatest and then buy the one that was latest and greatest when you started waiting. The older tech prices drop through the floor when the newest stuff comes out. Unless you really need to be the cool kid on the block for 15 minutes I'd get the last generation tech.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back