Need A Match?

Dave_D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSCF0184Medium.jpg

DSCF0186Medium.jpg

:thumbup: Impressive - what lens/setup did you use to shoot it, if you don't mind me asking?

Here is the setup. Camera mounted on an extension tube to use only as a spacer for the battery grip of the camera. Next is the bellows unit mounted on the stand and then the lens. I use 2 speedlites for lighting on those mini tripods.

i love taking macro shotS. there can be soo much detail we are missing witout these shots.

rythm, and contrast? ill let u figure out what it is. :p

macro1we.jpg

What a setup! Boy, you people have all this equipment! I'm so utterly humbled here!
The results of your work are fun to look at, though.
Nitecrawler, put that macro of yours into a thread called ... what's it called again? "The super macro guessing game" or so over in the Photo Themes. That is a thread started so you can make people guess what you have photographed in macro mode. You may have to search for it a bit, though...

Thanks Dave, I wasn't expecting an illustration and everything :mrgreen: I should be able to see from the pic, but is it a dedicated macro lens or macro-'capable'?

ZaphodB said:
Thanks Dave, I wasn't expecting an illustration and everything :mrgreen: I should be able to see from the pic, but is it a dedicated macro lens or macro-'capable'?
The lens does happen to have macro capability that I did not use in this setup. I do have lenses specific for bellows use that are fixed focal length with only aperature adjustment and no focus. All of the focusing and magnification is done using the bellows unit. That lens just happened to be close by.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back