need a reasonable price

the idea is good, but i feel there are TOO many points where something could go wrong, for example a miscommunication between the photographer when he takes a photo and when he uploads it, PLUS the image sizes would be large meaning you would have to have a few different packages for hosting.

It'd be up to the photographer to make sure he numbers his photos right- if he doesn't, he just doesn't make a sale.

But I'm not thinking hosting based. I was thinking it'd be more service based. Pictures would have a 5 day limit, and delete themselves if nobody purchased anything with them.

well fred i say if you want to do it go for it.

anyone else with any suggestions? She still has not contacted me with a definite yes yet, I'm thinking about calling her tomorrow if I do not hear from her seeing as this is some what last minute.

So i figured out what im doing as far as pricing for pictures. its going to be 5$ for a (4) wallets (this is because they want keychains) 5$ for 4x6, 7$ for 8x10 and 5$ shipping.

Next thing is to wait on an email back from her (she decided she wants me and im going to be printing only proofs that night) and find out how many people (aprx) will be attending. I'm going to charge a flate rate for the night I think seeing as i'll be there around 6 hours (including one hour of setup)

When looking at what others charge in relation to each other, 8x10's are usually at least twice the price of a 4x6 and sometimes as much as four times the price. So you should at least be charging $10 for the 8x10, and you could probably get by with $15 pretty easily. Obviously you don't have to, but this is the norm I see when looking at pricing. (some people charge $20 for a 4x6...which I think is hilarious. 4x6 costs me 20 cents to print).

thanks nicfargo, my biggest worry is that some one will see 10$ for a print and decide not to get it? But at the same time i feel like that is cheap for a print so maybe they would?

one thing that my brother recommended was that i print the proofs on a low end photo paper (the "premium" end of things not the high gloss or anything) that way the proofs look as good as i can make them to push the guest to buy the prints. do you think this is a good idea?

so my dad just said i can NOT sign a contract with my client because i am not 18 and he said he could sign it so any problems would fall back on him.. im assuming this is correct?

alright so she notified me, i'm going to be setup in the room next to the main room, just standard formal portraits no need to go around photographing at table and dancing. Which means i'm not going to rent a second camera so i can save a lot of money. I'm still thinking about charging around 350-400$ for around 5 hours of work plus proofs printed that night. how does that sound?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back