Need a rugged, secure time lapse video set up at a construction site

shootthis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there, I am hoping to make some time lapse videos in a construction site, and need some advise on what kind of equipment to use.

Currently, my only camera is a Nikon D7000. It's near and dear to me, and I'm not sure I want to leave it on a construction site.

So here are the specifics:

• Camera will need to be on site up to 5 days to record the entire process
  • Camera needs to be mounted in a way that it can't be stolen (in a lockable clear case or something?) This will be indoors, so waterproof isn't absolutely necessary.
  • Need a somewhat wide angle, but a zoom lens would be nice to get the exact mm I need to capture the entire scene

So, I would appreciate suggestions. Should I get a smaller, cheaper camera to limit my losses in case someone steals it?

Where can I find a secure box to mount it in? Preferably a locking box that I can chain or strap to the wall to hold it in place (and prevent it from being stolen)?

How long will batteries last taking a photo every 1 second vs. 30 seconds vs. 1 min. ? Will I need to change the battery at some point during this 3-5 day process I hope to record?

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A go pro could work, get the extended life battery, its tiny, its cheap, and you could swap the battery once a day.

Wow thanks you 3 for the info/recommendations! I will follow the links and try to come up with a decision. Luckily I have at least 2 weeks before I need this up and running.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back