Need a Tripod for d7100

SuperMiguel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a for the go tripod, most of the times i go in a family trip always someone is missing from the picture... So this will be 100% outside, so ill be carrying it.. I need it to be light, very very light and big :p I been looking at the Manfrotto line since i have a bag from them, but not sure if they are any good... Also i dont want to spend alot of money...

Looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-MKC3-H01-Compact-Photo-Movie-Black/dp/B004MKNJ84

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Manfrotto is a well respected name for tripods.

Light. Stable. Cheap. You can only get 2 of the 3.
Light and cheap, but not stable.
Stable and cheap, but not light.
Light and stable, but not cheap.

The one you link to has 5 leg sections and is cheap, both of which will negatively effect stability - Light and cheap, but not stable.
But stability was not one of your requirements.

Frankly, it is difficult to buy a truly good tripod for less than $150. And at those prices those are just the tripod legs and the tripod head is bought separately.

A lot of people get a $45 tripod, discover it has issues in a month or so, buy a $100 tripod, discover it has issues in another month or so, and then buy a $450 tripod and head that they can use for the next 30 years. Skip steps 1 and 2 and save yourself $145.

Last edited:
I need a for the go tripod, most of the times i go in a family trip always someone is missing from the picture... So this will be 100% outside, so ill be carrying it.. I need it to be light, very very light and big :p I been looking at the Manfrotto line since i have a bag from them, but not sure if they are any good... Also i dont want to spend alot of money...

Looking at this one: Amazon.com : Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Compact Photo-Movie Kit (Black) : Tripods : Camera & Photo

Do you shoot with heavier-than-kit lenses? How tall are you? Want to speculate on how a cheap tripod can kill your pricey camera?

Look at the Manfrotto BeFee tripods. You don't necessarily need girder-like legs but you're not going to get much for <$50 that won't hit the deck with your D7100.

Befree ? Compact Lightweight Tripod For Travel Photography | Manfrotto

Go for manfrotto

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

Looking at this one: Amazon.com : Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Compact Photo-Movie Kit (Black) : Tripods : Camera & Photo

Do you shoot with heavier-than-kit lenses? How tall are you? Want to speculate on how a cheap tripod can kill your pricey camera?

50-108 lens, 6ft

I love my Manfrotto 190CXPRO4, but please don't pick a Manfrotto just because it matches your bag. Lots of tripods will fit in your bag. FWIW, I've also heard good things about Vanguards, but I haven't used one myself. Do you know if you prefer flip locks or twist locks? You might be able to eliminate half the options right there.

and ill be going to my honey moon in few months, so ill probably use it alot!!!

not sure what the difference between flip lock and twist locks are

Last edited:
is that Manfrotto BeFee tripods any good? i kinda like it and its on my price range... less than $200

that
Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 looks good but a bit more than what i want to spend

is that Manfrotto BeFee tripods any good? i kinda like it and its on my price range... less than $200

that

Go to the Manfrotto site and check through the specs re: collapsed/extended height, load capacity, head load capacity, etc. The BeFree is nicely made.

I like Manfrotto(have 3 legs sets+various heads+monopod)for their durability. They're modular and fixable with spares available--something that's ify with some other brands.

that

Go to the Manfrotto site and check through the specs re: collapsed/extended height, load capacity, head load capacity, etc. The BeFree is nicely made.

I like Manfrotto(have 3 legs sets+various heads+monopod)for their durability. They're modular and fixable with spares available--something that's ify with some other brands.

I looked at the BeFree page cgw linked you to...I would strongly recommend Manfrotto as the best overall brand for an economy priced tripod. For casual, let's set the camera up on a tripod and shoot a self-portrait of the two of us kind of uses, it doesn't take a whole lotta tripod to do that, and THAT is EXACTLY what the cheap, $49-$79 tripods are meant for. FOr that once-a-year, in-front-of-the-Christmas-tree self-timer shot, yeah, the low-priced cheapies are fine.

The Manfrotto 190-class tripods are larger, less-packable-in-a-bag, but are going to last the average, casual user his or her lifetime.

Flip-locks are FAST to set up and adjust. I prefer flip-locks, but twist-locks are slightly more-compact and I think are probably cheaper to produce, and so they are popular and widely used.

If there's any way you can play with a sample of each, this would be really helpful. This is one of the single most prominent ergonomic features of any tripod, and I'm convinced there's no right answer -- it's almost entirely a matter of personal preference. I wrote about my experience with twist locks in a review of an Induro tripod, but again, I'll stress that just because I hate twist locks doesn't mean that other people don't prefer them with just as much vigor.

If there's any way you can play with a sample of each, this would be really helpful. This is one of the single most prominent ergonomic features of any tripod, and I'm convinced there's no right answer -- it's almost entirely a matter of personal preference. I wrote about my experience with twist locks in a review of an Induro tripod, but again, I'll stress that just because I hate twist locks doesn't mean that other people don't prefer them with just as much vigor.

Now, come on, lamb-y...hating twist locks seems a bit extreme. I personally just simply utterly despise them, which is a bit kinder to those awful,horrible,icky twist locks, which can not help that they were born as awful,despicable,twist locks...

So this will be 100% outside, so ill be carrying it.. I need it to be light, very very light and big :p

hmm Sturdiness equals mass; light = ****e, unless you are spending premium cash, (and even then, if you are walking 10+ miles/16+ KMs)...you will will know about matey. Go for a second hand Bogen/Manfrotto ~5 kg (e.g) and just take that on for what it is. Honestly, i'm trying to help you: 'consumer' tripods, of 1-2 kg are rubbish for serious, outdoor, 3-4 season work.

Most reactions

Back