Need a Wide Angle Lens

if you can spend alittle extra i hear the canon 10-22mm is very good, not much distortion, im sure you can find a used one for 500 somewhere

hhmmm thankkss!! thats what i was looking for. for some reason i couldnt find that on b and h or adormama (?).

where do you guys reccomend buying used camera gear online (such as this lens)?

ebay is pretty expensive. this lens sells for about 600 used on ebay.

The best third party landscape lens currently on the market is (i believe) the Tokina 11-16 F2.8, which is slightly out of your budget. I would not recommend the first two lenses you mentioned, because it seems they are FX lenses, which will produce an equivalent of 30mm on your DX camera. The Tokina 12-24 would be my recommendation. From what I've heard, it is better built and faster than the sigma. I've read mixed reviews on which has better optical quality.

I second that, I have it and it's a great lens. Sure it doesn't have the 2.8 aperture the tokina has, but how often would you use the 2.8?

You have the ability to stop it down and get better results. I would bet that between the Sigma at F5.6 and the Tokina at 5.6, the Tokina would win.

I have the Tokina 11-16, I got it in January and have'nt had time to use it all that much. I did get it because of the f/2.8 aperture. I wanted a wide angle lens with low light capabilties for intimate indoor gatherings and places were flashes are not allowed. For landscapes you can always stop it down and it probably beats the Sigma f-stop for f-stop.

hhmmm thankkss!! thats what i was looking for. for some reason i couldnt find that on b and h or adormama (?).

where do you guys reccomend buying used camera gear online (such as this lens)?

ebay is pretty expensive. this lens sells for about 600 used on ebay.

try craigslist or keep trying ebay. check your local camera shops, try to haggle them down. they have used sections on bh

Most reactions

Back