Need advice about my ingames being used, but not credited.....

QFT.

Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to explain any further. I'd just send the DMCA outright, and if she yaps about it, say "Well, I asked nicely to credit me. Sorry it had to come to that."

Next time, get it in writing.

As for working for friends, I've agreed to shoot for friends, but I make it very clear that our relationship for the shooting is a business one. I require them to pay up-front, and sign a contract, period. Thus far, that professionalism has been enough to make sure that I get paid fairly for my work. (Though I do discount my work for friends; I'm also clear that I'm discounting my work for them, and only them.)

The most important thing is to be very clear and to-the-point about what's going on. Write in plain, black and white (no room for interpretation) language, and make sure that they understand all the points of the contract before you do the work in the first place. ;)

Oh well, live and learn. At least your work is good enough to be included. Keep up the good photography, you have a lifetime of contracts ahead of you.

Thank you to everyone for your advice.

I started to write one last email detailing what actions I was willing to take to have this matter corrected, and had to stop myself...... Got so freaking angry again that I couldn't see straight. *sigh* I can definitely chalk this up to my inexperience at the time, I haven't made this mistake twice and don't plan on it either. ;)

I'll sleep on it tonight and then rewrite my email once I'm not wired up on coffee and sleep deprivation. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back