Need Advice - Considering Switching fro Sony to Nikon

The 24-70mm is a honker of a lens.

Wow, just went and looked up the size of it. You're right!

The Minolta I carry now is less than a pound and about 4.5 inches. The Nikon is 2 lbs and 9 inches! Not sure I want to carry something that size as my general purpose lens!

How do you tell is the Sigma lens is for DX or FX?

Or you could just get a 24mm a 35mm and a105mm macro. A belt pack and you are good to go. Any distortion is easily taken care of in Capture NX2, another wise purchase if you go to Nikon. ;)

Of course another option is for me to get the 24-70 Sigma and the Nikon 70-200mm. The 70-200mm is the lens I use mostly for my Pow Wow work. The other one is mainly for general use.

If Pow Wow work pays the bills and that is where you need the 70-200 then I'd say your decision is simple. You can still get a very decent Nikkor 35-70 f2.8 as your general use lens for not a lot of money. Just saw one a few days ago in really good shape for $400 and it came with attached F4s.

Of course another option is for me to get the 24-70 Sigma and the Nikon 70-200mm. The 70-200mm is the lens I use mostly for my Pow Wow work. The other one is mainly for general use.

If Pow Wow work pays the bills and that is where you need the 70-200 then I'd say your decision is simple. You can still get a very decent Nikkor 35-70 f2.8 as your general use lens for not a lot of money. Just saw one a few days ago in really good shape for $400 and it came with attached F4s.
What's an f4s?

Most reactions

Back