Need Advice - Digital or Film for Freelancing

Deviant26

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:) As the title sudgest I am wondering if it matters what type of camera you use if you plan on doing profesional freelance work.

Is there a big difference with Digital SLR's to Film SLR's?
(beside the obvious)

Does it really matter if it's taken with a digital or a film? The final product should be the same should it not?

I guess what I am trying to ask is this,

If I wanted to be a profesional freelance photographer, can I produce top quality pictures/prints with a Digital SLR?

thx

Noob in Canada

Well, it really depends on what you consider top quality.
As far as I know, film is still king of quality...Slide film especially, but Digital SLR cameras are capable of capturing images that would meet the requirements for (most) applications.

I'd say that a fairly large portion of working pros (news etc.) are now using digital. The convenience out weights the edge in quality.

I think what really matters, is who you will be freelancing for. It's up to them after all. Some will accept only film, others only digital.

if you're freelancing for frequently published publications then digital is the way to go due the speed factor. film will be accepted by most magazines etc but only if time isn't a factor.

Most reactions

Back