Need Advice for Interior Real Estate Photos

spyderwebdesign

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello and thank you for taking the time to look at my questions.

I bought a Canon 60D back in November and have taken several of the online training courses at Lynda.com. I still consider myself a beginner but have been practicing a lot.

I currently have a realtor asking me to take interior photos of a home for her.

I have a tripod and was looking into the following lens Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Zoom Lens
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Zoom Lens 1242B002 B&H PhotoThis seems to be a very good universal lens. It has pro glass in the EF body and has IS. I was wondering what you (the professional community) think about using this lens for interior photography. From what I understand, I want to use a wide angle lens so I believe the 17mm will suffice.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

With the crop factor on that cam the lens it isn't as wide as you think, the 16-35 isn't much wider but it's a bit clearer

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Don't forget your HDR software as that's all the rage nowadays in real estate photography.

With the crop factor on that cam the lens it isn't as wide as you think, the 16-35 isn't much wider but it's a bit clearer

I thought the EF-S lens were optimized for use on APS-C sensors. Meaning, you don't have to figure in the crop factor. The EF-S 10-20 is exactly that a 10-20 mm lens. If used on a FF camera it would be 6-13 mm lens. Or am I not understanding what the "-S" indicates.

I thought the EF-S lens were optimized for use on APS-C sensors. Meaning, you don't have to figure in the crop factor. The EF-S 10-20 is exactly that a 10-20 mm lens. If used on a FF camera it would be 6-13 mm lens. Or am I not understanding what the "-S" indicates.

Nope

If you want to get into real estate photography I recommend tilt shift lenses. You will also need external lighting to control the light in the room. Gel your lights so they match the temperature of the ambient lighting in the room. This will make color correction MUCH easier.

If you want to get into real estate photography I recommend tilt shift lenses. You will also need external lighting to control the light in the room. Gel your lights so they match the temperature of the ambient lighting in the room. This will make color correction MUCH easier.

I would just be cheap and stitch it.

When using a tripod it is advisable to turn off Image Stabilization. As it is IS/VR/OS on a 17-55 mm lens is superfluous.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back