Need advice here

Fenia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,i need some help,I m considering of buying a new camera,had compact and would like to buy a dslr.I would be grateful if u could advice some models as i dont know many things.Take in consider that im new to this whole thing so not smth very professional but worth buying it.I wont be changing cameras again and again so it must be smth very good (i mostly shooting nature) ^.^ Thanks in advance!
Did some research and i m between nikon d5100 and canon 600d..what do u think?Or perhaps u could advice some other ?

Last edited:
First of all, you need to say a budget. Also, you say you don't always want to upgrade cameras. Do you also want to stick to one lens? I would recommend the Nikon D7000, You can click here to compare it to the D5100. If you look at it, it would be great for weather photography -- It's weather sealed, more autofocus points, longer battery, and good ISO. For a lens, you might want to get the AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4 ED VR. I'm personally a Canon person, so I don't know too much about Nikon lenses, but you should look into this equipment. I hope I helped (y)

Thanks for answering.Unfortunately i cannot afford Nikon d7000 though i saw its a great camera and yea for start im going to stick to the lenses that are contained within the camera i ll choose,at least for 1-2 years..But i still cannot choose between canon and nikon,ofc i do not care that much about the video options that both offer,mostly im into macro and landscape photography and was wοndering if there are serious differences regarding this sector.

Last edited:
A great point & shoot camera is the canon g12 . It has full manual controls and is a nice multi purpose camera. I have been thinking of getting one for my purse.
A friend recently got a Nikon p7000 and it's great too. All the controls are in the right places and you don't have to go into menus to adjust the basic settings. I would be tempted to get this one cause it plays well with my Nikon flashes :)

Thanks for your advice but i already have a point & shoot camera and i would really like to upgrade to dslr ;)

Fenia said:
Thanks for your advice but i already have a point & shoot camera and i would really like to upgrade to dslr ;)

Oh .... My bad... I thought you said " yea for start im going to stick to the lenses that are contained within the camera ". Usually that's a point and shoot... Not a dslr. Most dslr's have lenses that detach from the camera . I don't know of any dslr cameras that actually have the lens contained within the camera. :)
The two cameras I suggested have nice sensor size but a lens that IS contained within the camera and both have full manual controls and a lot of the options you only find on dslr's but they aren't dslr cameras....

Last edited:
Hello Fenia ,

I own both a Point and Shoot digital camera (a Fujifilm FinePix F30) and a DSLR (a Canon EOS 5D). I like having both because I do feel they compliment each other and are each suited for different situations. My preference in terms of quality of shots is with the DSLR but for convenience the point and shoot sometimes wins out.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back