Need advice on a lens for Sony A100

mommyof3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Sony Alpha 100 camera with a 18-70 lens. I am looking for a better lens that will capture my sons sports photos. I am limited on funds and was looking at the Tamron AF 70-3-- MM F/4.0-5.6 Macro zoom lens. I know nothing about taking photos really so this is all new to me. I just want to get a better lens so I can take better photos of his sports games. Most are outdoors. Thanks!

I wouldnt spend much on lenses for this model. Youll probably out grow it pretty quick.

I wouldnt spend much on lenses for this model. Youll probably out grow it pretty quick.

Even if he outgrows the A100, he can still use the lens on newer cameras with the A mount. Sony is still launching models with A mount (A77 MkII being the most recent), so thats really not a valid point to me...

To the OP, if you plan to stay with APSC sensor, the 16-80 Zeiss is a great everyday lens. If you plan on growing into FF in the future, then you may opt for a FF compatible lens... I have used the 18-70 kit lens, but I found the optics lacking (not as bad as the 75-300 lens they sold at that time). The newer kit lenses (18-55 and 55-200) are better, but not as good as the one I mentioned above. A good complement to the Zeiss lens is the 70-300 G lens.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back