Need advice on buying authentic (non faked) photos.

eclecticguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thenewslink.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought about buying photos for a website I own of interesting places; and the photos would include my domain name on a simple sign. My site is news oriented and some of the sellers would deliver a blog report with their photos, and other sellers would just deliver photos that are used more for promotional reasons.

The problem is is that I believe some people would rip-off pictures from the web and digitally alter the photos to include the simple signage that I requested in the photo. Any suggestions on how to deal with this situation?

One possible alternative is to request youtube videos because it is much harder to fake video; but, I still like the still-photo idea too. I'm not a photo expert and this is why I joined this forum to ask these sort of questions.

Thanks in advance.

Huh?

Your explanation of the problem is not clear, to me anyway.

I can be dense sometimes.

well i would ask for them to include a time stamp in a place it can be removed from.
which would help in someways.

and also have them sign a form or tick a box after logging in stating that if the images arent theirs they are liable for bla bla bla and they assum all liabilityfound to have given a photo takeen by someone else or whatever ...

Did you make any sense of that ???
hope it help ... i even confused myself.

It sounds like you want people to take pictures with some kind of sign in it with the address of your blog on it? But the sign has to be real?

Sounds like a lot of work. How much did you plan on paying for this?

If you go to any of the stock or micro-stock sites, I'm sure you could find pictures with blank signs in them, and you could just add whatever you want to the sign.

That seems a lot easier than expecting people to make a sign for you, put it up somewhere, and then take a picture of it...

Maybe if you made the signs and sent them to people, they might take a few pictures with it and e-mail them to you...?

Josh, I want the site to have an underground feel to it, so I'm actually going to ask people to tear off a piece of cardboard box and just write on it. Nothing fancy. If they look like tourists holding up a sign in front of a landmark, that's fine. If they want too hold the piece of cardboard in front of the camera while they snap the photo in front of, say 'times square' new york or just a random shot in downtown Tokyo, that's all good. I just don't want people looking and thinking they are fake photos. I want people getting into talking about the places they have really been to and 'possibly 'reporting' back what local events they have seen.

It's a concept.

Last edited:
why not have them write NEW YORK and then under their user name in small...if it has a login area

Sounds like it could work, but I think your best bet would be to treat it as a contest. Not necessarily a contest...but you know what I mean.

Where readers submit their own pictures.

It doesn't really seem like something you could 'buy' to me...

your best bet would be to treat it as a contest. Not necessarily a contest...but you know what I mean.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It's a hobby site though and I have like only $20/week for prizes.

... their user name in small...if it has a login area
It does, that's a good idea.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back