need advice on filters and step up rings

hazzayoungn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so, im in the market to get a bunch of filters and polarizers, maybe a star point if im so daring...

I have 67 and 52 filter sized lenses, but I was thinking, if im ever in the market for a new lens, itll probably be a 77 since thats where nikons going with their lenses

so the advice i need is, would it be worth it to just go all out and buy only 77mm filters and an additional step up ring to avoid buying all new filters should i ever buy the lens? or...should i just get the 67 and one step up ring

thanks

Steph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alternatively, you could look at square filter systems (such as Cokin or Lee for example). You would buy a filter holder and and adaptor for each lens. I find it easier to use than circular filters as you don't have to unscrew and screw filters again when you want to move them from one lens to another.

jack lumber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I am thinking of buying a step,up ring (67-77) can anyone tell me if the lens hood will still fit?

GilTphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
GilTphoto.com
I use polarizers frequently when doing landscape photography, so I find it more convenient to have a separate polarizer on each lens.

For star filters or graduated neutral density filters, I use the cokin holder and have step down rings for each size.

Most reactions

ClickASnap