Need advice on Lightroom importing

vadim2200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After I have imported RAW files from my HD to Lightroom and then go to Library and start going through photos in Loupe View (single photo viewing) the Lightroom shows picture sometimes its blured at first then after 1-2 sec I can clearly see picture and then after another second Lightroom some how changes colors in the picture (a little) I can't say if it good or bad. Why is it doing that? Could it be because of my Nikon D750 setting that I have to shoot in SRGB instead of Adobe? or is it something else

Lightroom is first reading the file and data on the file to display it. Lightroom is limited by the speed of your system as to how fast it can accomplish this. As for the colour adjustment it could be as simple as the white balance you had selected in the camera to a preset you may have chosen in lightroom.

I would imagine that the first picture you are seeing is the embedded JPEG file. When that is loaded, Lightroom is doing a default demosaicing of the RAW file which is the colour change you are seeing - Lightroom's default demosaicing being different to your camera's default demosaicing when the camera produces the embedded JPEG.

Sounds like your computer might be slightly under-powered and it's just taking an extra second or two for LR to render the full image.

Most reactions

Back