Need advice on strap

Hampster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to replace the uncomfortable strap that came with my Canon. Thinking about trying a sling-type instead of around the neck. Soooo many straps to choose from. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

I prefer the Black Rapid series... have carried my gripped D7k with a 70-200 2.8 all day long in comfort. Even wearing a pack is comfortable.. just put the camera sling on first and then the pack.. with the pack straps under the Black Rapid so it doesn't interfere.

I've heard good things about the Black Rapid series too, personally I have a Crumpler Industry Disgrace and find it very comfortable with my T2i. I don't have any L glass or long telephotos I have used it with though.

I'll give a high recommendation for the Black Rapid. I've had mine since they first came out and will soon be getting the DR-1 double strap to carry two cameras at one time. It has prevented a lot of neck aches that I used to get.

I bought a hand strap instead (Nikon AH-4), as I tend to use a shoulder bag and the neck strap got to be a bit of a pain. Best move I could have made (won't work with a gripped body though).

I'll also vouch for Black Rapid. Very comfortable and non intrusive when carrying around a gripped magnesium alloy body with heavy glass on it. I wouldn't be able to shoot for an extended period of time without one.

I bought a hand strap instead (Nikon AH-4), as I tend to use a shoulder bag and the neck strap got to be a bit of a pain. Best move I could have made (won't work with a gripped body though).

Really? Nikon's don't have a little loop to use a hand strap on their grips?

Jeeze, the OEM Canon grip for my 5Dmk1 has that. :eek:

Really? Nikon's don't have a little loop to use a hand strap on their grips? Jeeze, the OEM Canon grip for my 5Dmk1 has that. :eek:
The instructions say "D3, D2-series, D300+MB-D10, D50: The AH-4 cannot be attached." It's a type that screws into the tripod mount, so even if there is enough play to accomodate the size of the grip, it could still only be used to hold the camera in the regular way (thus negating having a grip in the first place). It is very comfortable to use though, and seems very secure.

I enjoy using my Black Rapid strap

I've got the (expensive) Black Rapid dual harness strap as well as the (very inexpensive) Mzungo Strap. To be honest, I like the Mzungo better and use it more often. Still, any sling system beats a neck strap all day long.

I RARELY use a neck strap, but when I do I really like neoprene. ANY strap is going to cut into the neck some and the neoprene ones are NICE for that.
More often than not I use a hand strap too. The neck straps give me headaches.

Most reactions

Back