!!!Need Advice!!!

drfuzz3899

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been shooting with my Nikon N65 for about a year now, and I'm going to move up to the digital world. Now the two cameras in mind are a D40X or a D80. Both have the 10.2 mp, but the D40X is cheaper because of its loss of built in autofocus. The only lens I own is a Sigma 28-90mm Macro lens that I got for a hundred bucks. Should I just take the full step into the digital age and just get a D40X and the AF lens, or should I go for the D80 and keep the built in autofocus?

Help me out!

:O!!!

Much Peace,

Fuzz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.drfuzz3899.deviantart.com

It has a built in autofocus, it just lacks a built in motor to focus lenses without one. The D40x focuses just fine with AF-S lenses. You loose the autofocus ability on all AF D lenses though.

In my opinion it is not worth it to me. Especially if you are on a somewhat type budget which most people who look at a D40x are, because you loose the ability to focus with second hand lenses along with a lot of new lenses which currently don't have AF-S equivalent models like the standard 50mm f/1.8

Ultimately though the decision is up to you.

I'd get the d80 if it can utilise more lens from nikon, then you'd be able to expand your range by buying second hand and not be stuck with just the offerings that work correctly with the d40. H

Ways to tell if a poster is new here:

1. Post count of 1.
2. Revives thread from 2007, about a long obsolete camera.
3. Posts a link to Ken Rockwell's website.

Son, welcome, you've made a hell of a first impression.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back