Need An Online Sales Idea

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Race Photography. Goal: Sell pictures fast, effortlessly, efficiently.

I first tried dotphoto.com's online sales thing. See it at http://keith204.dotphoto.com

Didn't work out well, cause I couldn't load all the pics on there that I wanted.

Now, I use Coppermine photo Gallery http://www.w3bolivar.com/cpg

Dotphoto:
people can order prints directly off the web. They see a picture, check it, click the desired size, pay, and it gets delivered directly to the customer. Nice setup. CONS: no way to batch upload, and even if there was a way to batch upload... i have to pay 20 bucks per gigabyte I use.. that means that I'm looking at about $40 per race, just to put my pics there.

Coppermine:
I can FTP all my files to MY web server (yes mine, not dotphoto's) and then do a BATCH ADD FILES so then it takes me about 2 minutes to add all 500 files. CONS: people can't buy photos directly off there. SO.... they have to send me an email, and I print them, and I take them to the next race to hand them out.

I want a combination of both....basically, a DotPhoto that I can put on MY own web server (PHP) and that can do BATCH ADD FILES like Coppermine.

Any ideas?

Actually, after I posted this I found that you CAN ftp to dotphoto.com. Log into your account and go to help. Enter FTP into the question box and you will find instructions on how to do so.

Tommy! I know you... :)

I found that at a DSL connection, I can upload to dotphoto at about 40k/s, but at work I can upload at about 500k/s. So, tonight at about 6 I got it started at work. It took about 30-45 minutes for 1.6 Gigs. I hope the IT dept doesn't mind. I emailed Ken to ask him if it was OK if I did this after hours, and he still hasn't replied... it'll probably be fine.

You never know who is going to show up on here :)

Most reactions

Back