need APS developed film

arcadekid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
HI All,

any chance someone can mail me samples of each type of APS film ? classic, panoramic, high def ? i would pay postage. would take any type of photography. thanks in advance.

Hi. Surprising request. What do you mean by: classic, panoramic, high def. ? There weren't any. APS was based on the cheapest color negative film and was created for the easy of archiving and retrieval family snapshots from vacation, that's all.

Is that even made, anymore?

I don't think so but you could find some that's expired - maybe... I didn't know APS had different format options - or as many as three settings for that matter. I never had a camera that used that film, wasn't it mostly for certain point 'n shoots like the Kodak Advantix? I believe the film was smaller than 35mm but not as small as 110. I know at least one place that still develops it.

I seem to keep linking this site but FPP was talking about APS not long ago and might be selling some of that film. Film Photography Project | An Internet Radio Show & On-Line Resource for Film Shooters Worldwide .

The OP wants developed film, people.

If you ever shot APS and want to help out, I assume that the thing would be to dig out the old negatives and send them off to the OP. I *think* the negatives for this catastrophe lived in the can, didn't they? And you got a nifty little proof sheet to identify photos that you wanted more copies of?

So you'd either send the can, or dig film out of the can.

My guess is some sort of vernacular photography art project.

The OP wants developed film, people.

If you ever shot APS and want to help out, I assume that the thing would be to dig out the old negatives and send them off to the OP. I *think* the negatives for this catastrophe lived in the can, didn't they? And you got a nifty little proof sheet to identify photos that you wanted more copies of?

So you'd either send the can, or dig film out of the can.
You 're right in what you said. OP wants negatives, but what he means by:" classic, panoramic, high def " ? All APS I know have one characteristic: crappy. :)

The film will have all frames the same size (in a 3:2 W:H ratio I think). A code was recorded along side each frame to show whether the negative was to be printed as a cropped panoramic image or full frame. I think that you could override the coding for reprints.

The cameras were basically fairly cheap point and shoots.

The cameras were basically fairly cheap point and shoots.
I don't know if "cheap". I bought Konica for my wife for $260 in 1997. Horrible. :lol:

I have a few rolls that are out of the canister somewhere - Chris is right, all frames are the same size (the largest one), with a code on the side to tell the machine which frame size you selected.

I don't want to send my film, but I can confirm that unless you can decode the barcode on the side, they will all look the same.

The film NEVER flattens out either, btw... Those couple rolls are in an archival box with a few hundred sheets of 35mm negs on top of them, and they still roll up into a little ball if I take them out - and this is after 2 or 3 years of being stored flat.

Last edited:
correct! i need your negatives! if anyone could help i'd totally appreciate it! PM me.

Hello All,

to be clear, i'm making a slide tray that will work with Mac/PC / SD card slide scanners so you can convert your old APS film to digital easily/ rapidly. that's why i need actual developed APS film. we'll mail you a scanner and slide tray if you help us with developed APS film.

we'll mail you a scanner and slide tray if you help us with developed APS film.

Well, that is a different offer than you described initially, lol!

The tray interests me, but if I sent you my film, I would no longer have a need for the tray... :lol:

If it's just a matter of finding the dimensions of the film, and the frames - I could take some measurements if that information can't be found online.

Most reactions

Back