Need budget flash recommendations

o hey tyler said:
Why not buy one of the ones you found if they have all of those features? Instead you acted oblivious to the existence of an all in one wonder flash (which I doubt you've found with all the features listed for sub $75)

And no, you didn't want to look hard... You wanted others to render suggestions for you.

I looked hard, but wanted to know if there was any I haven't seen yet

I assume you are not serious at $75

Nope, just checked it isnt April 1st, :) :) :)

When I bought my first flash.. Not too long ago... TTL was important to me too. I despise it. I never use it! My advice: Don't bother spending the extra cash just for TTL, especially with a budget that low.

Thrift store Vivitar
I saw a decent-looking Vivitar at Goodwill last week for $10.95...the cool thing about those (this was a Vivitar 233, if my memory is correct), is the very SIMPLE, clear, and logical control system, and the simple, slide-rule-type distance-and-f/stop chart these pre-LED, and a pre-LCD display flash units used!!! They are SO EASY to use!!! And, they were well-made, Made in Japan items, made by good companies for sale as "Vivitar"...and not this el-cheapo Chinese made stuff that can survive one, maybe two drops to the floor before breaking down...

As a first flash, i always recommend to buy a good ttl flash you can use oncamera with a big large bounce card. I wouldn't never go to an event a party, or even for the occasional home snapshot, without a good ttyl flash.

laynea24 said:
When I bought my first flash.. Not too long ago... TTL was important to me too. I despise it. I never use it! My advice: Don't bother spending the extra cash just for TTL, especially with a budget that low.

I'm not a studio photographer so I don't mind it

swiftparkour94 said:
I'm not a studio photographer so I don't mind it

Studio photographers generally don't use TTL. Unless I am interpreting your response incorrectly.

o hey tyler said:
Studio photographers generally don't use TTL. Unless I am interpreting your response incorrectly.

Incorrectly

So where are the links to these all in one über flashes that you speak of for 75 bones?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back