Need durable tripod

Inst!nct

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey hey,

So after a previous thread, i realized how crappy my tripod is, and was told that i needed to invest in a decent one, so here i am, i think ive found a good pair of legs, so comments/critique on that, and also need a head for it, so kind of need advice for that too.

Amazon.com: Manfrotto 190XPROB 3 Section Aluminum Pro Tripod: Camera & Photo

tyvm

edit: I need a tripod thats steady and will hold the weight of my camera, i dont really care for the weight, and i would prefer if it was around 200, is that too little? so im open for suggestions if those legs aren't too great

double edit: maybe this one?http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009R6MQ/ref=cm_cr_asin_lnk

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have an old Slik Able 300 DX, cold when it's cold out, heavy when your tired, built like a tank and is about $100...and I love it :thumbup:

IMO, it's way to short at only 48 inches with the center column down. I'm 5' 10' and that puts my eye level at 64 inches. You can subtract a few inches for a head, but 48" is still way to short.

As you raise the center column you start loosing stability. You really should get a tripod that is high enough, with a head to be just short of your eye height when standing.

So, my all around tripod is 59 inches high without the center column extended, 11 inches higher than what you are looking at. Mine is aluminum, weighs in at 2.3 kilos (5 lbs) and can support 8 kilos (16 lbs).

It came with a padded bag, a padded shoulder strap for carry when it's not in the bag, and a tool kit. It has leg warmers on all 3 legs. Manfrotto didn't make it, Giottos did.Be careful, Amazon doesn't always have the lowest price. B&H has the same price and also includes free shipping.

IMO, it's way to short at only 48 inches with the center column down. I'm 5' 10' and that puts my eye level at 64 inches. You can subtract a few inches for a head, but 48" is still way to short.

As you raise the center column you start loosing stability. You really should get a tripod that is high enough, with a head to be just short of your eye height when standing.

So, my all around tripod is 59 inches high without the center column extended, 11 inches higher than what you are looking at. Mine is aluminum, weighs in at 2.3 kilos (5 lbs) and can support 8 kilos (16 lbs).

It came with a padded bag, a padded shoulder strap for carry when it's not in the bag, and a tool kit. It has leg warmers on all 3 legs. Manfrotto didn't make it, Giottos did.Be careful, Amazon doesn't always have the lowest price. B&H has the same price and also includes free shipping.

and what tripod do you have? I really need some good recommendations :p

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...lassic_Aluminum_3_Section.html#specifications
this one maybe? and yea, i just prefer amazon for its reviews

and what tripod do you have? I really need some good recommendations :p

Giottos | MT-9271 Classic Aluminum 3-Section Tripod Legs
this one maybe? and yea, i just prefer amazon for its reviews
GIOTTO'S-Professional Photographic Equipment Look at the MT line.. There are 2.4 cm to the inch and 2.2 lbs to the kilo. So divide cm by 2.4 to get inches.

You don't need recommendations, you need to learn about tripods. :thumbup:

alright, ty KmH, definetly need to know a bit more about those ;)

I have a 190xprob and 486rc2. I am plenty happy with it and it's very durable. Survived rivers,waterfalls,and other difficult terrain or north carolina and the crazy conditions of mud riding in south florida and I don't have any problems or complaints. Just rinsed it off and it's all great! I kind of wish I would have spent the extra 20 dollars and got the 055xprob for the height and little more support but I don't think i'll top off the weight in a long time and height is ok i don't mind bending a bit i'm still young haha. GL with a tripod!
tj

I have a 190xprob and 486rc2. I am plenty happy with it and it's very durable. Survived rivers,waterfalls,and other difficult terrain or north carolina and the crazy conditions of mud riding in south florida and I don't have any problems or complaints. Just rinsed it off and it's all great! I kind of wish I would have spent the extra 20 dollars and got the 055xprob for the height and little more support but I don't think i'll top off the weight in a long time and height is ok i don't mind bending a bit i'm still young haha. GL with a tripod!
tj

Have the exact same bomb. Surprised at how sturdy it is. Can get both for less than 200 bucks - thats what you'll spend on some legs alone. You do not need some 300 dollar tripod and 100 plus ballhead (well maybe one that seperates the pano from the tilt on the ballhead) if you are just a hobbyist - so long as it will support your cameras weight and can survive being dropped without getting chipped - you are good to go.

go with any of the manfrotto's especially the PROB190 up!!! u'll love it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back