Need fast autofocus dslr

hamlet, just because you feel you have changed methods, does not mean that it is not your methods.

When I used to be a shooter (with guns, mind you) I was very good. A friend of mine was having problems and I explained a few things that he was doing wrong that would affect his shooting. He tried to apply these, and I saw some improvements, but not nearly enough. He was still doing those things wrong, just not AS MUCH. He then turned to me, claimed he was doing everything right, and it still wasn't working.

Same goes for golf, music, and any number of things.

If you don't know how to do it, assuming you can just make a change at the drop of a hat without practice is pretty silly.

You assume too much. Sometimes asking a den of enthusiasts and professionals can be the worst place to get advice, i'll ask the man down the road with only a technical understanding of how things work.

You assume too much. Sometimes asking a den of enthusiasts and professionals can be the worst place to get advice, i'll ask the man down the road with only a technical understanding of how things work.

I honestly think the best thing you can do is take your D3200 to a dealer (or someone who knows Nikon cameras, a professional, or whoever who might have the time to look it over), and explain your problem. See if they find the same problem, and get their input on what they think it is. If they can use your setup just fine, then they will likely be able to give you input on what you might be doing wrong.

The problem is that the forum has hit its limitation at this point in terms of communication. I don't think we'll be able to go through all the possibilities on the forum in order to give you the advice (or diagnosis for your camera) that you are in need of. Getting someone to physically handle what you've got who knows what they're doing will definitely get you somewhere.

I honestly think the best thing you can do is take your D3200 to a dealer (or someone who knows Nikon cameras, a professional, or whoever who might have the time to look it over), and explain your problem. See if they find the same problem, and get their input on what they think it is. If they can use your setup just fine, then they will likely be able to give you input on what you might be doing wrong.

The problem is that the forum has hit its limitation at this point in terms of communication. I don't think we'll be able to go through all the possibilities on the forum in order to give you the advice (or diagnosis for your camera) that you are in need of. Getting someone to physically handle what you've got who knows what they're doing will definitely get you somewhere.

I'll tell you what i told them all. The camera has a second or two delay from the moment i push the shutter button to the moment the camera takes a picture on manual focus. Sometimes the camera takes a picture simultaneously when i push the shutter button, other times it won't and all of this is on manual focus where the camera doesn't even need to focus. I don't know how else to explain or to solve it other than getting a new camera, because i've done everything people have asked and there are no improvements.

I recently updated this camera to the latest firmware, lets see if putting the thing back to factory settings can solve it.

I'll tell you what i told them all. The camera has a second or two delay from the moment i push the shutter button to the moment the camera takes a picture on manual focus. Sometimes the camera takes a picture simultaneously when i push the shutter button, other times it won't and all of this is on manual focus where the camera doesn't even need to focus. I don't know how else to explain or to solve it other than getting a new camera, because i've done everything people have asked and there are no improvements.

I think that what Paul might be trying to say is that someone with experience handling lots of cameras (including other D3200's) should very quickly be able to pick up your camera and tell you, "yeah, that's about all you can expect from a D3200", or (more likely), "this ain't right at all". The camera's responsiveness is a huge part of its ergonomics, but it's a very tactile experience, so it's much, much harder for a bunch of forum users to diagnose something like this remotely vs. someone who could pick up the camera and feel its responsiveness. Someone who's worked with a D3200 could probably tell you instantly whether it's behaving like other D3200's.

There are no dedicated professional camera stores in my town. We mostly have general electronics stores where the shopkeeps knowledge only goes so far as to tell the difference between video and photograph cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back