NEED FAST GUIDANCE ON CANON 17-40L PURCHASE

sinjans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in a pickle here. I currently have the equipment listed below. I have the chance to trade in my 18-200 with some cash on a 17-40L series. I have been getting better at this and realize that my 18-200 is not sharp enough. Does the 17-40L give a sharp enough image? Does anyone have any complaints? I HAD a plan to go 10-22, 50 f1.4, 24-70L and 70-200L, but my funds are low. I want to start making some money on portraits soon and was planning to use the 17-40 for that until i eventually get the 50 1.4 and 70-200. But TODAY i have to make a decision as this trade wont last long. I am getting $400 for the lens and hood. So confused and unsure i am wonddering besides the loss of DOF with the f4.0 what does everyone think of this lens?

I may miss the zoom of the 18-200 but to start making money at this i need to trade that off for a while. Is 40mm on a crop 50D not tight enough for portraits?

PLEASE GIVE ANY OPINIONS ON THIS AS ALL WILL BE CONSIDERED. THANKS:thumbup:

Great lens, no worries. The only issue is that it's limited to F4 as a max aperture.

Well... I am not in need of any more advice on this one as the trade is complete and i am now the PROUD owner of a new 17-40L baby. Thanks fellas

Im pretty excited so here is the first test shot. I was amazed at the sharpness difference between these two lenses. I dont miss the 18-200 one bit so far. cheers

Attachments

• $17-40 test.jpg
    $17-40 test.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 101

Most reactions

New Topics

Back