Need feedback on a printer! Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Ink Jet Printer

Super Coupe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a printer! This will be my first one. In school we always used Epson so that is what I have been looking at. I will be starting my own photo business and will need a printer that will give me very nice results and customers will be happy with. Is there a better printer for the money out there that will do the same job? Should I look into buying a higher end printer or is this a pretty good choice for my needs?

Epson Ink Jet Printers - Epson America, Inc.

I have had a 2400 for maybe 4 years now. Not a problem with it. 2880 is the newest version of it. If I were to have to replace my 2400 it would be the choice. Except maybe unless I chose to step up to the 4880. But the only reason for that would be to allow larger print sizes.

As for longevity. I have an Epson 1270 that is 10 years old or close to it that I still have. After getting the 2400 I packed it away. I have since brought it back out and using it again for doing normal prints using 3rd party ink. It is going just fine.

I have the 2880 and love it. I use it for personal photo printing. If you are looking for this printer for business use I would suggest that you look at the 3200 instead. The one drawback to the 2880 is the cartridge size. For me it is fine as I don't print that much compared to a business application. The 3200 has much larger ink cartridges and you cost per print will be reduced because of it.

Thanks guys. I emailed my old photo teacher and pretty much said what you guys said. I think I am going to go out and get the 4880 so I can do large prints!

Thanks guys. I emailed my old photo teacher and pretty much said what you guys said. I think I am going to go out and get the 4880 so I can do large prints!

If you have the cash for it. Thats what I would do. It also has the option for the larger ink tanks so you can print more per change, and hopefully having larger ink supply lower the cost of ink per print.

Most reactions

Back