Need Feedback: what do you think of this effect?

slickhare

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so i was playing around with flash outside at night and i came up with this. so what do you think of the effect of the plants against the dark background? hott or not?

plantinthedark.jpg

Commenting only on the technique:

A simple, elegant way of eliminating otherwise noisy or distracting backgrounds.

I think it could be an unusual way to present the flower "in a new light", but the rest of the composition has to support it. As it stands, it's a little lonely in a sea of black.

Torus34 said:
Commenting only on the technique:

A simple, elegant way of eliminating otherwise noisy or distracting backgrounds.

i agree. Way to think outside the box though!

I think it could be a good technique but I think the subject matter in this picture is a bit bland also out of focus.

D-50 said:
I think it could be a good technique but I think the subject matter in this picture is a bit bland also out of focus.

yeah i had others where it was in focus but the background effect wasn't quite there. this is more of a test shot of an effect i'll use in the future...

thanks for the feedback everyone!

I think it could be used quite nicely with the appropriate subject and composition. As for this shot, the DOF is way off.

slickhare said:
yeah i had others where it was in focus but the background effect wasn't quite there.

How about a zoom.

Keep the shot composed as it is but zoom slightly on the centre; enlarging the flower in focus but maintaining or exaggerating the DOF for other flowers.

Most reactions

Back