Need for wide-angle lens?

Sorry, yeah.
Whatever, it's enough for me and that's all I was saying.

Me too, and haven't been limited so far by the fact that it's not an f2.8

folks ..

glenn from tokina mentioned a lead time up to 6 months approximately .. while adorama mentions no ETA time, but would expect from 4-6 weeks, that's would be a great pre-order time i guess for such a rare lens :)

I am not sure since I have not tried any 2.8 before but 1-2mm difference, I would be able to still step back a few steps to take it :) i guess...

manaheim, ... quick qn here, how far (in miles) approximately are you from the buildings to take these shots?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: on the Sigma 10-20. I have one and love it.

The 18mm is fine for many circumstances, but I have found that with the smaller sensors that you may be wanting for a wider lens in a number of circumstances... a friend of mine go out and shoot together quite a bit and he gets really annoyed at what he can't accomplish on city skylines and whatnot, where I have no troubles at all.

BTW, this lens is also AMAZING when taking pictures of interiors of rooms and whatnot (which is the primary reason I purchased it)

Here's an example of a couple shots I took with mine... (these were both actually zoomed in a bit)

Financial%20District%20Skyline%20-%20July%202008%20-%20009%20tpf.jpg

Back%20Bay%20Skyline%20-%20July%202008%20-%20013%20tpf.jpg

I am not sure since I have not tried any 2.8 before but 1-2mm difference, I would be able to still step back a few steps to take it :) i guess...

That 1-2mm actually appears significant on a crop-sensor camera. Go try a 10-20 and, while looking through the viewfinder, move it from 10 to 12 and you'll see ...

since we're still on topic ...

all of you wide-shooters .. which is more ideal for most situations?

1. have a wide lens + a fisheye lens
2. have a wide lens OR a fisheye lens
3. have only either a wide lens OR a fisheye lens :)

I am considering both, I am definitely between option 1 and 2 ... 90% of my wide takes will probably just regular wide lens, and only 10% or less of the time i might go nuts doing fisheye .. should I be getting one if its going to be only used so minimally? how do you just this consideration? ;)

thank you

since we're still on topic ...

all of you wide-shooters .. which is more ideal for most situations?

1. have a wide lens + a fisheye lens
2. have a wide lens OR a fisheye lens
3. have only either a wide lens OR a fisheye lens :)

I am considering both, I am definitely between option 1 and 2 ... 90% of my wide takes will probably just regular wide lens, and only 10% or less of the time i might go nuts doing fisheye .. should I be getting one if its going to be only used so minimally? how do you just this consideration? ;)

thank you

I got the UW because true fisheye's are so damned expensive for such a specialized purpose. I'd love to own one also, but think I'll rent one if I ever really feel I need it. I think the ultrawide has much broader applications. I don't think either one REPLACES the other, however.

I also like my 10-20mm to do some unusual people-pictures (this is at 10mm)

avshadow.jpg

Love my tokina 12-24mm f/4. Should also have their 11-16mm f/2.8 by now. Tack sharp and when I compared the nikon 12-24 to the tokina... it was tokina hands down and saved about $400...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back