Need help choosing a camera!

cpayson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am 15 years old and looking for a new camera. RIght now i have a Kodak Easyshare. I am a beginner at photography. I want to get a nicer camera. I am planning on going abroad next year and i want to be able to take high quality pictures. I also like taking pictures of nature and candid pictures of my friends. I want a camera that is not too expensive. I know that I want one that takes pictures pretty fast. It would be nice to have one so that I can get different lenses in the future but it is not a big thing. If you could give me some suggestions that would be great!

What's your definition of not too expensive?? You can get some used/refurbished entry level DSLRs for a few hundred.

I would prefer something that is less than $300. I would be fine with something that is used. I am trying not to be too picky.

There is a used d3000 with an 18-55 lens for around 300.00 on eBay. Closer to 400.00 on amazon. Used d80 (no lens) for 310.00 on amazon or d70 for 220.00 or cheaper. I saw a d70 for 50.00 plus shipping on amazon. No lens though.

Coud you give me the links for those if you have them?

cpayson said:
Coud you give me the links for those if you have them?

I'm on my phone so I can't give you the links. I just used the amazon app. Just go to amazon and type in Nikon d70. It will show the camera and it will say 22 used and new offers from 50.00. Click on it. Same goes for the other cameras.

Actually, the $50 d70 on Amazon is for parts only, because otherwise I was gonna jump on that and resell it with a kit lens to make a few bucks in profit.
There is also one for $80 but it sounds like it's in bad shape too.

You might also check Craigslist in your area.

Most reactions

Back