Need help D7000?

Yeah I figured after seeing reviews, now should I get the 18-105mm? or the 18-140mm?

Not enough info on the 18-140mm out there yet.
18-105mm VR is a good kit lens but for the 18-140mm you will need to find good sources to know how it compares to the 18-105mm

You mentioned the D7100 for wild life, may I remind it has the 1.3 crop mode which gives you extra reach over the D7000 and the picture produced will have about the same MP as does the D7000 picture.
I found this 1.3 crop factor very useful when I shot flying planes in the Toronto Air Show few weeks ago.
This will give an advantage if you want to keep a distance from an animal and need that extra reach.

I would recommend the D7100 if you want it to last, technology wise

Last? "Last" longer than what? I'd give it a couple of years--max.

That was the obvious point I was trying to make, for the camera to be viewed as more current technology longer than the already outdated D7000. The OP stated that they want a camera body for which they won't feel they need an update for a few years. The D7100 would fit that bill better when compared to the D7000, which according to your two year max theory, is already old technology. Newer technology generally equates to better product. Better product generally means longer to feel the urge to update.

The D7100 really doesn't deliver enough "better" to justify the price spread, especially given its shared DNA with the D5200. It's the D7100's successor that's far more likely to deliver a bigger dollop of "better."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back