Need help developing Neopan 400 120

Hawaii Five-O

My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm having developing problems with Neopan400, 120mm. I've developed a couple rolls of TX400 35 mm myself, that have turned out well, but I can't get the neopan 400 to develop. I'm using D-76 devloper at 80 degrees for 4 3/4 minutes. When I take the film out of the canister its grey with part of the image showing and the back of the film is still pinkish. And it is not transparent at all. Any ideas what could be wrong?

cant really remember the name but you need to use a different developer, think its "ISODOL", google "the massive dev chart", put in the film name and it'll give you dev time etc etc. H

Using fresh fixer?

I'll have to look up the Isodol, thanks, :thumbup: I was using the Fuji development chart, but then I saw on another photo forum where people developing Neopan 400 in D-76 at a differnt Dev time. But I will look up the chart you mentioned.

I purchased some new fixer the other day, but I haven't used it yet. After I developed the film I rinsed off the developer with cold water and looked to see if the film turned out. If fixer isn't added before looking at the film, will the film look all funny and pink and slimey?:blushing: I'm a newb at developing film by myself, and am new to 120, and get excited to see what it looks like and kinda rush the process heh,:confused:

Well on one dev chart I found earler, it said to develop the D-76 for 4 3/4 minutes at 79 degrees.

well i've always heard that it was not good to go with times less that 5 min, do not recall the why, and i don't ever recall seeing a prefered temp that was not 68f/20c or 24c

Last edited:
Don't expose the film to light until after it has spent at least one minute in the fixer. The film will look cloudy until it is fixed.

Best,
Helen

I'll try to get the developer temp down a little more next time I do some negatives and I won't rush the process and look at the film before the I add the fixer :greenpbl:

Thanks for all your help:thumbup:

Hey Helen B, I've seen you on the Rangefinders forum heh

Most reactions

New Topics

Back