Need Help Dividing Image into Equal Parts

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need to divide a 24 x 20 image into 6 equal and seperate 8x10 images (no margins, bleed edge) I have both LR and PS. I figured out how to use custom grids in PS but got stuck separating the image into parts from there. HELP!

Use a Rectangular Marquee Tool or press M. Select the area that is 8x10. Ctrl+X for cut. Create a new layer. Shift+Ctrl+V to paste in place in new layer. Do that for 5 more times.

Use a Rectangular Marquee Tool or press M. Select the area that is 8x10. Ctrl+X for cut. Create a new layer. Shift+Ctrl+V to paste in place in new layer. Do that for 5 more times.

I set the girds for 8x10, then checked snap to grid lines, used the Marquee Tool to select the individual sections, copy, then paste to a new image. Was hoping someone might already have or know of action that you plug in the numbers and it does it all from there.

It's Photoshop. Nothing is easy

This is acutely really easy in photoshop.

need to divide a 24 x 20 image into 6 equal and seperate 8x10 images (no margins, bleed edge) I have both LR and PS. I figured out how to use custom grids in PS but got stuck separating the image into parts from there. HELP!

No custom grids needed. From the Image menu go to canvas size. Since a 24x20 cut up makes 6 perfect 8x10s this will be easy simply set the new size and set the a anchor point.

Here are some screen shots of doing this for the top row. then just repeat moving the anchor points to the bottom.

002.jpeg
003.jpeg
004.jpeg

Forgot to mention that after each canvas size change to a "Save As" don't just do a save and save over the original file. Then from the edit menu select undo to go back to the full image 24x20 image.

I need to divide a 24 x 20 image into 6 equal and seperate 8x10 images (no margins, bleed edge) I have both LR and PS. I figured out how to use custom grids in PS but got stuck separating the image into parts from there. HELP!
Just go to "View - New Guide".
Uncheck the margins and put 3 cols and 2 rows.PSCC_NewGuides.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back