Need Help Finding a Tripod Bag

erotavlas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going away in a couple weeks and I need a tripod bag to carry my tripod (gitzo 1541T + gitzo head)
I am having zero luck finding a bag that I like in any of the major photo stores in my city -- the problem is that they are too big and bulky, and Im looking for something really minimal for traveling around with. Basically something small that is almost the same size as the tripod with a strap that can be carried over shoulder or strap across chest like a messenger bag.

Anyone know if such a bag exists - (even if its not a tripod bag specifically)

I've also been looking for a bag like this! Sad to say I haven't found it either though. In the mean time I've been using the bag from one of my fold up camping chairs. It's pretty minimal, which is nice, but it's still much bigger than my tripod.

I have a folding lawn chair that came in a bag that is great for carrying around my tripod. Go find a chair witha bag and then you will have something to sit in front of the tripod on waiting for the light.

I'm going away in a couple weeks and I need a tripod bag to carry my tripod (gitzo 1541T + gitzo head)
I am having zero luck finding a bag that I like in any of the major photo stores in my city -- the problem is that they are too big and bulky, and Im looking for something really minimal for traveling around with. Basically something small that is almost the same size as the tripod with a strap that can be carried over shoulder or strap across chest like a messenger bag.

why not get one of these..... and skip the bag? Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA 1201012 Tripod Strap with Quick Disconnect Attachment, Neoprene Pad (Black): Camera & Photo. They also make one with a swivel hook connect if you have an eyelet on your tripod.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

why not get one of these..... and skip the bag? Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA 1201012 Tripod Strap with Quick Disconnect Attachment, Neoprene Pad (Black): Camera & Photo. They also make one with a swivel hook connect if you have an eyelet on your tripod.

I did consider just the plain strap type, but the problem with that is I can't hide the tripod. Basically I would use that if I'm close to home or far away from theives :) When I travel I dont want people to see the tripod, especially when I walk around the streets in cities I'm unfamiliar with. Otherwise its a great option. I'll probably check out the lawn chair idea and see how they are, otherwise I'll just spring for the gitzo series 1 bag which looks like its fairly small, I didn't realize it existed until I checked their website a while ago, too bad it has a label on it though.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back