Need help for Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 and 58mm f1.4

abhishekdg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need yo know your reviews on Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 and 58mm f1.4 manual focus lenses. Planning to use them on a Nikon D90. Now the reason for these lenses being chosen are firstly they are manual focus and I love manual focus lenses from my little experience with film cameras.

Secondly, I was fortunate enough to hold the 58mm in hand and the focus ring was so smooth that I have never ever experienced.Also the weight is so very light!!!

So want to know what are your views of these lenses compared to the Nikon 20mm f2.8 AFD and the Nikon 50mm f1.4.

It's funny you ask. I have been eying the 58mm f/1.4 for about two years now. It FINALLY came in stock at B&H about a month back, and has stayed there. I have seriously gone to the page, added to cart, and ALMOST purchased it. What's holding me back? Just money bro, just money.

The reason I want it is because of the bokeh. I love my 50mm f/1.4, but the added 8 mm in my opinion gives you that much more control of DOF. I will get this lens soon, and I KNOW I will love it.

Most reactions

Back