Need help from a Canon 350D user

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My LCD is broken and I need to clean my sensor... (I will send my camera in for repair eventually...)

Could someone please tell me exactly what buttons I need to push to turn cleaning mode on?
(Everything works, I just can't see the menu...)

I thought about putting it into Bulb and doing it that way...but it seems too risky.

I always understood the 350D didn't have an automatic sensor cleaner. If you access the manual online, page 39-40 speaks of how to lock up the mirror and then use a rubber blower to blow away dust on the surface of the sensor.

I always understood the 350D didn't have an automatic sensor cleaner, it just has mirror lock for when the sensor is cleaned manually.
Exactly (but it opens the shutter too, not just the mirror), but since I can't see anything on the LCD I need step by step directions on what buttons to push to get there in the menu.

If you access the manual online, page 39-40 speaks of how to lock up the mirror and then use a rubber blower to blow away dust on the surface of the sensor.
I have the paper copy here (didn't think to check there, I didn't think it would have pictures of the menu. Page numbers are the same...btw).

To access cleaning mode I need to:
  1. Push "Menu"
  2. Push "Right" 4 times (or push "Left" 1 time)
  3. Push "Down" 6 times
  4. Push "Set"
  5. Push "Set" again
I'm not sure about step 5... I don't know if the "OK" or the "Cancel" button will be highlighted by default. I think it'll be the "OK" button, but I'm not sure.

......I just tried the above list, it didn't work so I started pushing buttons and it went into cleaning mode. I forgot what buttons I pushed though. I'll figure this out soon...

OK, I got it. Just in case anyone else runs into the same problem here's the steps:

1. Push "Menu"
  2. Push "Right" 4 times, OR push "Left" 1 time (both ways get you to the same place)
  3. Push "Down" 6 times
  4. Push "Set"
  5. Push "Right" 1 time (pushing "Left" probably works too, but I pushed "Right"...)
  6. Push "Set"

Most reactions

Back