Need help from Nikon D200 owners

Nimitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to use my laptop to preview images vice the LCD screen on the camera. I know that using the supplied video cable you can plug the camera into any TV with an RCA jack and use the TV as a monitor to preview images but I don't own a nice small TV to put in my studio. Since my laptop already is being used for down loading & processing images I would prefre not to add another piece of hardware to my small studio.

I have an RCA:S-video plug so that I can plug the Nikon camera cable into the s-video port on my computer but I don't know how to turn my laptop monitor into a simple display screen like a TV monitor.

Anyone know how to do this or am I stuck buying a TV?

that port on your laptop is for video-out. there's not many video-ins on laptops. you need a special card or something. try getting adapters or different cables so you can go USB in.

You can get software that will automatically download your files from your computer bypassing your CF card (tethered shooting). Nikon Capture I believe does it. So does Bibble.

thanks - I had a feeling that it might be a 'video-out' port. I'll look for a RCA-usb connector & check on what the Nikon Capture s/w does.

I downloaded a trial version of Nikon Capture Pro but when I connect the camera to my computer USB port the s/w says that no camera is attached. is there some setting on the D200 I need to set?

Most reactions

Back