Need help/info with a lens....

cindyg2024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This ad was posted on a local classified website. Since I am still new to photography, please give me some insight on whether this is something I should jump on. I have the Pentax K100D Super... Also, in layman's terms, what is the difference between a macro zoom lens and a standard zoom lens?

I have a Sigma Macro Zoom lens for a Pentax K camera. This lens is in PERFECT condition. It comes with a hard black carry case, 2 lens covers. One for the mount side and the other for the lens itself. There are no scratches or dents on this lens at all, and the glass is in perfect shape also.

The specs:

1:4.5 - 5.6
F = 80-200

Anybody????? Oh, and it said the lens was $50... I really need to know if I should see if this is still available to purchase, but need someone with more experience and/or knowledge to guide me down the right path.

There is nothing special about the lens. Just a typical consumer zoom between 80mm-200mm with a variable aperture of f/4.5 to f/5.6. I am also assuming this is a ~manual~ K-mount Pentax lens... so you will need to manually focus the lens and perhaps also resort to stop down metering.

Hey for $50 bucks it might provide the entry lens you are looking for but you should know exactly what you are getting into.

Is there a way I can research whether or not it is a manual lens? I thought that if my camera had an internal focus ring on it that a manual lens would work with my automatic focus? I'm so confused. maybe I should just stick with my 18-55 for now.

Most reactions

Back