Need help marketing my photography book.

Maui Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
karmahill.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a Maui Photographer and wrote a book to share my very successful photography business model with other photographers. I have sold several books and everyone that has read it is has gained a ton of good insight and is really excited.

My problem is i am not driving enough traffic to my site. The book is about targeting the $772.9 billion dollar travel industry. It is a very new concept so google adwords has not been much help. If people could check out the site www.destinationphotographybusiness.com and give me some tips how to market it i would really appreciate it, i have been spinning my wheels for months now. We have contacted bloggers and have got posted on some blogs, but I still need more traffic. It is such a great business model that can help a lot of photographers generate a great income stream or add additional income to their current concept. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you for becoming a member of the TPF community.

We look forward to your contributions in the various forum sections and we particularly look forward to your insight and guidance on maintaining a photography based business. :thumbup:

Your query may have received more pertinent attention in the "General Shop Talk" forum section.

I can see this business model if you live near a famous landmark or tourist destination and I assume there are probably a lot in Hawaii that are in close proximity. However, if you are not and distances are substantial as in parts of Canada and the US, then expenses to get to and stay at the location to do the shoot or shoots can mount up pretty quickly.

skieur

that is a very long name lol.... SEO will be key in getting the word out on the internet.

Getting involved in the forums will help, but dont try to "advertise" the book on every thread you try to discuss... it will only do the opposite...

a simple signature will work and then go about on the forums like you want to discuss, not sell.

Im not saying thats what your doing here, just a suggestion because that is how most people get banned from forums.

I can discuss with you about putting it on a couple of my websites if your interested... just pm me.

that is a very long name lol.... SEO will be key in getting the word out on the internet.

Getting involved in the forums will help, but dont try to "advertise" the book on every thread you try to discuss... it will only do the opposite...

a simple signature will work and then go about on the forums like you want to discuss, not sell.

Im not saying thats what your doing here, just a suggestion because that is how most people get banned from forums.

I can discuss with you about putting it on a couple of my websites if your interested... just pm me.
Plus TPF have a policy related to members who post links to their business, but aren't really invovled with the forums.

The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum - FAQ

Most reactions

Back