need help, mom desparately needs to sell camera, price?

neutral

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in.
My mother is having some serious financial trouble, and the best way to get her money right now is to sell her camera. She hasn't been able to sell it on her own, so I'm trying to help... but im not sure if shes selling it for too much (or too little). She has only used it once... lets just say she bit off more than she could chew. She had dreams of starting her own studio and whatnot, but an injury she got while working in another studio ended up preventing her from even being able to work with her equipment. Anyway, I'd mostly just like to know what this kit is worth on the market, knowing that she only used it once (mint condition). I'm not sure where else to go. Heres the thing she wrote up for a previous ad. Note that she figures its worth 3100 according to the ad.

"Mamiya RB67 Pro SD camera kit complete, consisting of RB67 Professional SD camera body, 180mm F4.5 lens, 2-120 film backs and 1-220 film back, waist level finder with magnifier, rubber lens hood, front and rear lens caps, front and rear body caps, and Mamiya carrying strap. Soft Promaster case with wheels and telescoping handle. Wein Flash Meter WP1000, 1 HOYA Filter (Softener A), 1 Loupe Magnifier #X 6x7. All items are in MINTcondition. The camera is supplied with original instruction manual. Everything is in perfect mechanical and optical working condition. Note this is the latest RB67 Professional SD, not the earlier RB67 Pro S.

B & H Pricing - LIST Price ---10,258.00 plus shipping about 100.00 And Tax

B & H actual price-- 6742.00

I am throwing in a new Wein Flash Meter, New Filter and a new Mamiya Loupe all valued at at least over 160.00.
I am asking less than half of the cost new as I used it only one time and became disabled and cannot shoot photos again. 3100.00"

the rest of the ad seems to be taken from an information page about the camera, but I'm guessing you don't need that info. I'll post that too if you need it.
Oh and if anyone wants to buy it, that'd be great too :)
Thanks alot!

I'd love to own the RB67.. but alas I don't have 3k. have you checked what comparable kits are going for?

im looking around some, havent found anything yet. thats basically the purpose of this post, to find out a good price for it, not so much to sell it. im gonna post on other forums and look around as well...

it looks like the kit might be worth 2000. the extra stuff she threw in will add to the price though. Then again, she could just sell the kit alone.

Get a photomag and check the used section of B&H. That will give you an idea of what they are selling it for.

Another option is contact them, they'll ask you to ship it to them, give you a price for the dealer to buy for resale.

At least you'll have a good idea of what to ask.

You're right on the button with the $2000 for the whole thing. My guess would have been in the $1500-$2000 range. But selling everything by itself might get a few more bucks or atleast make $2K easy to accomplish.

These are ebay figures if you're wondering. This camera is next on my list of things to buy so I've watching everything RB67 for a few months now.

ok, i think i might just tell her to try for 2000, and either forget about the extra stuff, throw it in for free, or sell it separately. by extra stuff i mean the "Wein Flash Meter, New Filter and a new Mamiya Loupe all valued at at least over 160.00"
thanks again! if anyone has anything else to add, ill still check this thread for a while.

voodoocat said:
If you want to make the most money, I would put everything on ebay seperately.
That's what I would do. It takes more effort, but if you need to get the most money out of the sale, that's the way to do it. Start each piece off at $1 with no reserve, with the auction ending at about 9:00 Eastern on Sunday.

An Addition to Marks post. I wouldn't sell it on Ebay right now. The prices for camera gear tends to be highest at Christmas (no shock there) and about the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. Because you get all the kids buying cameras for school. Vacations are over and people relize that their cameras suck etc.

Most reactions

Back