Need help on choosing a camera

gfxkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Wassup Photoforum! great forum btw, im looking foward to this forum well anyways I want to get in photography but with a dslr camera, I had a digital camera before and it was a Samsung digimax l60 6 mp, it was ok but I knew pros didnt use that. Heres some pics I took geefxkid.deviantart.com check my gallery, i want a camera thats not too expensive, not too cheap but can get me good results, please help me out, thanks for reading this:sexywink:

So what was "not ok" with your Samsung?
not too expensive and not too cheap is relative... give us a budget.

You'd be surprise how little equipment "pros" actually need to create a great photo... using the term "pros" in the same breath as "not too expensive" usually doesn't make sense.

Glad to help, but it's a bit hard to tell you anything based on that criteria. A camera that's not too expensive, but not too cheap depends entirely on what you consider cheap or expensive. When I was a college student, a $35 pocket film camera was expensive -- it was two weeks worth of little debbies and peanut butter sandwiches! Now that I have a j.o.b., and a growing camera addiction, that new 40D with a $1400 price tag doesn't seem that bad. (I mean, if it will improve the picture quality slightly...) About how much do you want to spend? Almost all current DSLRs can give good results, with good technique, I think.

The 40 D is a very nice prosumer camera. We did our first 2 years as "Pros" with the 20 and 30 Ds.
Worry more about quality lenses. Good lenses cost more than the cameras, and there is a reason for that.
If I were to advise you, I'd say a 40D with 2 lenses-the 35mm1.4 and the 70-200 2.8. (These are the two lenses I keep on my cameras at all time to this day.)
But that's just me. :)
Good luck and have fun!

If I were to advise you, I'd say a 40D with 2 lenses-the 35mm1.4 and the 70-200 2.8. (These are the two lenses I keep on my cameras at all time to this day.)

elsaspet,
Thank you for that, I already had a 70-200 f2.8 on my wish list but now I have put a 35mm on as well.

You will love that lens Richard. I use that lens 80 percent of the time. The color on that lens, and the DOF you can acheive is just crazy good.

Most reactions

Back