Need help only want to keep eyes & hat colored?

rprimeau95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rlp-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How to achieve with Paint Shop Pro XI the black in white look with colored eyes and hat?

After I tried to fix her face is still washed out
hohoprayzcrp-1.jpg

Link to original size if anyone is bored and can show me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/primeau/Baby Prayz/hohoprayz12x8crp.jpg

I did sepia since the picture was so washed out and one in black and white, now if I can only keep the skin tone like it appears in the black and white or sepia and keep her eyes the same blue and the hat red I would be so happy not sure how to do it can anyone help me.

vpy3d00.jpg

vpy3d00bw.jpg

thanks

I originally posted somewhere else but now it has turned into a how to from can it be saved please see

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1063582&posted=1#post1063582

the whole picture is one big washout. You can't fix that easily in photoshop. There's nothing there to recover.

yes, its totally overexposed and you wont bring back detail to her face...
however, if you really want to use it, and get the red / blue, then you start by making a duplicate layer, changing that dupe layer to b&w (desaturate) and then select eraser and eraser away the hat & eyes, carefully, it will eraser the top, b&w layer and reveal the colour below.
if you have a magic wand tool, you can select the hat and eyes that way and erase quickly without fussing with the edges.

flatten...voila...done

You can achieve this in PSP by the following:

1. Open pic
2. Make a new adjustment layer > Hue/Saturation/Lightness layer
3. On MASTER, take it to -100, this will put the pic in B&W
4. Click the EDIT SELECTION TOOL in the Layer Palette. Then click on the NEW LAYER you just made (usually white rectangle).
5. Click on the paint brush in the tools. Use a black brush and brush over the area you want color. White turns it back to B&W.

hohoprayzcrp1en7.jpg

You can achieve this in PSP by the following:

1. Open pic
2. Make a new adjustment layer > Hue/Saturation/Lightness layer
3. On MASTER, take it to -100, this will put the pic in B&W
4. Click the EDIT SELECTION TOOL in the Layer Palette. Then click on the NEW LAYER you just made (usually white rectangle).
5. Click on the paint brush in the tools. Use a black brush and brush over the area you want color. White turns it back to B&W.

hohoprayzcrp1en7.jpg

Orlandoech

You are awesome :hail: this is exactly what I wanted thank you so much for helping me out and giving me step by step instructions I am going to try it myself and see if I can do as you did above. I wanted to preserve this picture of my daughter for personal memories sake

Didn't I do the selective colouring for you only yesterday? Do you have TWO threads about on the same subject????????????

Orlandoech

You are awesome :hail: this is exactly what I wanted thank you so much for helping me out and giving me step by step instructions I am going to try it myself and see if I can do as you did above. I wanted to preserve this picture of my daughter for personal memories sake

No problem, if you need better instructions let me know. :thumbup:

Didn't I do the selective colouring for you only yesterday? Do you have TWO threads about on the same subject????????????

Yes inicially I had a post asking if the washed out part could be fixed then I saw that this was not the area to ask about how too's so I moved it here this is what I wanted when I mentioned keeping eyes and hat

hohoprayzcrp1en7.jpg

Here is the one you did but it was not exactly what I was looking for I responded stating it was not exactly what I was looking for and thanked you for your time for trying.
rprimeau_6076orig_myedit.jpg

the whole picture is one big washout. You can't fix that easily in photoshop. There's nothing there to recover.

Oh really?

I think there's a lot there to recover. Sure, some stuff.. You just can't.. But, photoshop can see more than you. :p

tpf.jpg

truthfully that last picture destroys her entire face. her face is very blown out though which takes away from her features but the selective coloring does work for this shot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back