Need help picking D90 or T2i Please read before assume.

Goontz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
spoken like a true fan boy

The D90 is not the same class as the XSi; it is in the same class as the 50D
Typical fan boy has no idea what he is talking about - check Wiki Nikon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Comparison of Canon EOS Digital Cameras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:scratch: Who are you calling a fan boy and where did anyone mention an XSi in this thread?

OP
W

WowIshDanny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
OKAY guys thanks for all your help. I ended up getting a D90 but it was a factory demo. I have heard factory demo is carefully checked and tested. It came with a 18-105mm DX and a 70-300mm G all for $985.00.

gsgary

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Photos OK to edit
OKAY guys thanks for all your help. I ended up getting a D90 but it was a factory demo. I have heard factory demo is carefully checked and tested. It came with a 18-105mm DX and a 70-300mm G all for $985.00.

I thought you were going to be shooting in night clubs, so what lens are you going to use :confused: lenses are more important than the body

OP
W

WowIshDanny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
haha i know i want a 35mm prime. ill probally try adn trade the 70-30 lens

AlexL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I personally went for the T2i as I would enjoy taking videos at 1080p 30fps and also the option for an external mic. However, I struggled a lot because the D90 on benchmark slightly beats out T2i, and it is barely noticeable (I'm really an untrained eye for this so don't put a lot of weight into this). So I thought of my upgrade route in the future and determined that I like to stay with Canon as I like where they are going with the 5DmkII and 7D.

The D90 is better ergonomically. It has a top LCD and dedicated buttons too. However, I think the IQ is close enough and the other feature is good enough to go with the T2i. The equipment doesn't make the photo, you do :) Going with either will be fine but remember the difference in video mode and external mic!

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics